- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Darkglass Microtubes X Distortion Bass Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L44375 000000000 L44375000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor. In order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full an...Click To Read More About This Product
Get tight, punchy sound while turning up the dirt.
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor. In order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full and fat-sounding, you need to reconcile two contradicting conditions: The tightness comes from attenuating bass frequencies before saturation, which will also result in a very thin signal. But boosting the lows will result in additional, unwanted fuzz.
The Darkglass Microtubes X is the company's solution to that problem in a very compact form: The signal is split by two variable low-pass and high-pass filters at the very very beginning. The high-pass signal (mostly mids and treble) is distorted using CMOS circuitry, just like older Microtubes pedals.
The low pass-signal (all bass) is left untouched. Letting the high side be all crunch, attack, and rich harmonics while mixing back the lows to add gargantuan size to the overall mix. The result is virtually unlimited fullness, size, aggression, and definition, regardless of how old the strings, and boomy or thin instruments. The Microtubes X offers all of this in a compact form, with very few controls to tweak, making it almost impossible to dial wrong.
Call or click to order today!
- High-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be
- distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or
- 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition.
- Low-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed
- back to the high-pass side. Ranging from 50Hz (for only
- sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids.
- Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit.
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side.
- Mix: Sets the blend between low-pass and high-pass signals.
- Mids: Active mid control placed after the Mix control. +-12dB @
- Input: 1/4" connector for the instrument.
- Input Impedance: 1M_ impedance.
- Output: 1/4" connector for the amplifier or next effect in the
- Output Impedance: 1k_.
- 9VDC: Center negative, regulated 9VDC only.
- Current Consumption: 30mA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.