- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dunlop Echoplex Delay Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J32409 000000000 J32409000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Echoplex EP-3 tape echo unit is famous for its deliciously warm, organic modulation and sweet musical voice—a key component to some of the most i...Click To Read More About This Product
Warm, organic modulation with a sweet musical voice.
The Echoplex EP-3 tape echo unit is famous for its deliciously warm, organic modulation and sweet musical voice—a key component to some of the most iconic guitar tones from the ’60s and ’70s. The original EP-3 units, however, are expensive, temperamental, and larger than a VCR.
That’s where the EP103 Echoplex Delay comes in. It’s the size of a Phase 90, and it delivers the EP-3’s legendary tones with a simple control interface and a hi-fi all-analog dry path. The Delay control sets the time between repeats—from 4 to 750ms—the Sustain control sets the number of repeats, and the Volume control sets the output level of your repeats. Where the sound of this pedal really shines, though, is in Age mode.
By default, your pedal performs as a perfectly-calibrated, factory-fresh tape echo machine would— bright and clear tape with subtle wow and flutter modulation. A quick push of the Volume knob lets you “age” the sound of your repeats, darkening the tone, upping the tape saturation (distortion), and increasing modulation and tape distress as you turn the knob clockwise.
The Echoplex Delay also features tap tempo functionality, for up to 4 seconds of delay time, when you hook up an M199 MXR Tap Tempo Switch. The dry path is all analog with Constant Headroom Technology—providing a full 20 volts of headroom—and a choice of true relay or trails bypass. The EP103 can be set for 100% wet mode along with stereo input and output modes. No tape cartridges required.
- Vintage Echoplex EP-3 tape echo warmth and modulation used by greats such as Eddie Van Halen and David Gilmour
- Hi-fi analog and digital audio paths
- Age control varies delay tone from pristine to dark and dirty
- Delay control provides 40–750ms of delay time
- Tap jack provides up to 4 seconds of delay with M199 Tap Tempo Switch
- Studio-grade low noise floor
- Stereo In/Out capability when using TRS cables
- The delay signal has the same tonal circuitry as the Echoplex Preamp; note that this does not affect the analog signal that runs alongside the delay signal—if players want the full EP-3 experience, they should combine the EP103 with the EP101
Expand your pedal board. Order today
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.