- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath V2 Otherworldly Reverberation Machine
- Write a Review
- J46371 000000000 J46371000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Afterneath is an otherworldly reverberation machine that uses a swarm of short delays to create wild and cavernous reverbs and scattered, short r...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
It's got the sounds of a wizard in a cave in a box—vast, expansive and magical.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
The Afterneath is an otherworldly reverberation machine that uses a swarm of short delays to create wild and cavernous reverbs and scattered, short rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics. The reverb created is beyond massive and goes well beyond the territory of most reverb pedals. The controls allow you to stretch, smudge, swell and even self-oscillate into messy ambient washes of sound. The Length control adjusts the decay of the reverb; anything from shorter hall through endless plate style reverbs can be achieved. The Reflect knob controls the regeneration, basically feeding the output back through to create an even deeper otherworldly dreamscape. The Drag control lets you pull the reverb through time by slowing down or speeding up the reverb. The Diffuse knob adds control over spread of the reverb ranging from identifiable attack to a wash of smooth reverb. The Dampen control adjusts the tone of the reverb, both stinging bright tones and warmer swell. The end result is an ethereal, ambient wash that goes from hall to an infinite glitched-out orchestra pit warming up in a canyon at the bottom of another canyon inside a well. The Afterneath is true bypass with an all digital reverb engine, all analog dry signal path and hand made, one at a time in dimly lit Akron, Ohio.
- Length: Controls the decay length of the reverb.
- Diffuse: Adjusts the spread of the reverb. Sharper with more attack counter clockwise, more ambient and washy as you turn it clockwise.
- Dampen: Clockwise for brighter tones, counter clockwise for darker tones.
- Drag: This digital reverb is made up of a bunch of short delays, this separates the delay lines creating a stuttering, pingy effect. This is the coolest control on the Afterneath, we highly advise slowly turning this while you let notes ring out for a cool warped speed effect. More delay as you turn it counter clockwise, more reverb as you turn it clockwise.
- Reflect: Controls the regeneration of the reverb, turn clockwise for more wash and echos, counterclockwise for less. This will self oscillate if turned up high.
- Mix: Blends the wet signal into the dry. Though it does not actually go full wet, it will gradually lower the clean level as you turn it clockwise and give the appearance of full wet.
- Dimensions: 4 5/8 x 2 1/2 x 2.25 in. with knobs
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.