- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Earthquaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L57959 000000000 L57959000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Plumes is a low- to medium-gain overdrive based on the trusty lime-green overdrive that has been an industry staple since its inception. This is ...Click To Read More About This Product
Punch up your signal without the noise.
- EarthQuaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder Guitar Demo
- EarthQuaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder Bass Demo
- EarthQuaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder Synth Demo
- Designer Notes with Jamie Stillman Ep. 2 - Plumes | EarthQuaker Devices
- Plumes Video Manual | EarthQuaker Devices
The Plumes is a low- to medium-gain overdrive based on the trusty lime-green overdrive that has been an industry staple since its inception. This is the kind of overdrive that works in conjunction with a good valve amp to create the warm saturation people like to call “transparent”. While this circuit has been the foundation of countless other overdrives available today, the Plumes has a few twists and turns to make it unique enough to stand out.
The Plumes does away with the trusted JRC4558 OpAmp and the BJT buffers and replaces them with low-noise JFET OpAmps for a more robust and precise signal with a significantly lower noise floor. The 9v power input is internally converted to +/- 9v for more headroom and a clarity that is almost three-dimensional. EarthQuaker raised the input impedance to a whopping 10 megaohms for a stronger signal with more clarity and chime. They also adjusted the cutoff of the tone control to deliver a more useful range of travel with more booming bass on the low end without sacrificing the cutting midrange and bright top end.
Last, but certainly not least, the Plumes offers three different clipping options to ensure that it will work with a wide variety of gear and playing styles. Mode 1 is symmetrical clipping utilizing a pair of light emitting diodes. This is the crunchiest setting the Plumes has to offer. When played through a clean amp, it’ll deliver a reasonable facsimile of that classic crunchy valve amp tone. Mode 2 is clean boost mode. This eliminates the soft clipping diodes altogether and leaves you with straight OpAmp drive. This is perfect for pushing your clean tone out in front or driving the preamp of an already overdriven amp into tasteful breakup territory. Mode 3 is an asymmetrical silicon diode arrangement similar to the stock screamer but with more output and clean clarity; the tone some people describe as “transparent”.
The Plumes features EarthQuaker Devices relay-based “soft touch” Flexi-Switch Technology for both momentary and latching footswitch operation as well as a very low 25mA current draw.
Each and every Plumes is built one-at-a-time by delightful little hands in Akron, Ohio; the charred, black heart in the heart of it all.
- Unique approach to a classic tube-like overdrive circuit offering more headroom, lower noise and far better signal integrity
- Features 3 different clipping options: symmetrical LED, asymmetrical silicon, and no diode OpAmp drive
- Reimagined tone control to sculp low end, clear top end, and focused midrange
Call or click to order today!
- Current Draw: 25 mA
- Input impedance: 10M
- Output impedance: 100 ohms
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- Features EarthQuaker Devices’ proprietary Flexi-Switch Technology
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Dimensions: 4.75” x 2.50” x 2.25”
- Weight: 14 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.