- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Speaker Cranker V2 Overdrive
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J46372 000000000 J46372000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Speaker Cranker is a discrete, all-analog distortion enhancement device (i.e. not a booster) designed to give your signal some extra grit and a s...Click To Read More About This Product
Your sound—louder, cranked up and gritty. It's a beautiful thing.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
The Speaker Cranker is a discrete, all-analog distortion enhancement device (i.e. not a booster) designed to give your signal some extra grit and a slight boost without drastically altering your tone. Think of it as sticking an extra preamp tube in your amplifier for more overdrive.
Single notes will blossom and bloom with rich harmonics and responsive tube-like sag. Power chords will sound thicker and crunchier, a little more ragged around the edges. Complex chords will remain distinct and complex, as the Speaker Cranker is designed to preserve your tone’s integrity without muddying up the low-end, or “rounding out” the mids, or adding any top-end “shimmer,” or “sparkle,” or any of that other garbage. It’s your tone. Cranked.
You want more? Turn up the “More” knob. That’s all there is to it. If you want “More,” you got it. The Speaker Cranker’s “More” knob works just like a tube amp: lower on the dial you’ll find thinner, quieter tones. Crank it up, and you’ll hear your tone, only fuller and with a slight touch of compression. If you want a boost, buy a booster, because the Speaker Cranker is an overdrive, and don’t you forget it.
Need to add some tube-like breakup to an amp on the edge of distortion without overloading the preamp? Speaker Cranker. Want to fatten up the sound of your favorite pedal? Speaker Cranker. Wish your amp had a second channel? Speaker Cranker. Low output pickups got you down? Speaker Cranker. Dying to stack some overdrives for that classic, touch-responsive, cascading gain shred tone? Speaker Cranker. Just remember, the Speaker Cranker is an overdrive, not a boost.
- Simple, one-knob control layout
- All-analog circuitry
- True bypass, relay-based soft-touch switching
- Hand-made in Akron, Ohio, USA
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.