- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Tentacle V2 Analog Octave Up
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L17996 000000000 L17996000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Tentacle is a classic analog octave up effect. It is the very same octave from the popular Hoof Reaper pedal. You can now add an excellent, swell...Click To Read More About This Product
A create octave-up pedal that responds differently to where you're playing.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
The Tentacle is a classic analog octave up effect. It is the very same octave from the popular Hoof Reaper pedal. You can now add an excellent, swelling octave up to anything your heart desires. Pair it with your favorite fuzz, strap on a headband and unleash your inner Jammy Hendrix. Put it in front of another octave up and blow your amp's mind. Throw it in the effects loop of a delay and marvel at what happens.
What’s better? It has no controls! Nothing to worry about at all here, just hit the switch and go for it. The Tentacle is an analog octave up, the effect will become much more pronounced when using your neck pickup and playing above the 12th fret.
Measures 4.55′′ x 2.40′′ x 1.95′′
EarthQuaker Devices pedals take a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. They recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages! Current draw is 2 mA.
To get the most pronounced octave, place the Tentacle as close to the front of your signal chain as possible.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
V2 updates - February 2018
Flexi-switch switching for latching or momentary operation
Silent relay-based switching
- Flexi-switch switching for latching or momentary operation
- Silent relay-based switching
- New enclosure
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 9V DC with a 2.1mm negative center barrel
- Current draw: 2 ma
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.