- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Harmonix Op-Amp Big Muff Pi Fuzz Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K82375 000000000 K82375000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With original late-'70s Op-Amp Big Muffs commanding exorbitant prices, Mike Matthews decided to take the power to the people and reissue the classic ...Click To Read More About This Product
Get amazing vintage Big Muff sound in a modern-day package.
With original late-'70s Op-Amp Big Muffs commanding exorbitant prices, Mike Matthews decided to take the power to the people and reissue the classic pedal at a price that players could afford! The circuitry of the Op-Amp Big Muff—sometimes also referred to as the IC or V4 Big Muff—has been faithfully re-created while several practical enhancements have been added including a compact, die-cast chassis and true bypass switching.
The pedal relies on op-amps rather than transistors and three gain stages rather than four to create its signature sound.
The original Op-Amp Big Muff has many devotees including Billy Corgan, who made use of it extensively on the Smashing Pumpkins’ 1993 album Siamese Dream. After playing the new reissue, Billy said: “The magic’s still in the box; I can still get what I’m looking for!”
- A faithful reissue of the original classic circa 1978
- Iconic sound and vibe that’s coveted by guitarists
- Controls for Tone, Sustain and Volume, plus a Tone Bypass switch
- True bypass switching for maximum signal integrity in bypass mode
- Rugged, compact, die-cast package
- Ships with a 9Volt battery, also accepts an optional EHX9.6DC-200 AC Adapter
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.