- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Empress Effects Heavy Dual-Channel Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J01714 000000000 J01714000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In this aptly named box you'll find a huge range of killer high gain tones. From crisp, mid-driven '80s metal, to scooped, modern down-tuned brutalit...Click To Read More About This Product
The perfect pedal for the heavy riff shredder.
In this aptly named box you'll find a huge range of killer high gain tones. From crisp, mid-driven '80s metal, to scooped, modern down-tuned brutality, this little box of sonic mayhem does it all.
The two independent channels can be voiced similarly so that one channel can be used as a solo boost, or they can be voiced entirely differently by using the mid-range control in conjunction with the 3-position mid-frequency select switch. Add in separate weight controls to shape the low end response of each channel, and a global hi/low eq section that allows you to fine tune your particular amp and cab combination, and you've got a serious tool to create a supremely heavy sounding rig.
On top of all this Empress added an extremely responsive and hassle-free noise gate that will ensure dead silent operation with even the most obscene amounts of gain added.
- All Analog Signal Path - no digitals in here
- Super High Gain - It's called the heavy, what'd you expect?
- Weight - An intuitive new control that changes the character of your low end
- 3 Band EQ - Selectable mid frequency lets you get precise EQ curves, with boost or cut up to 10dB per band
- Dual Channel Design - Heavy and Heavier let you set your channels similarly, for rhythm/solo, or completely differently for a wider range of tones
- Soft Touch Switches - Relay bypass and intelligent switching make this pedal super easy to use
- Noise Gate - Natural and aggressive settings let you tailor the gate to your needs, keeping noise out of your signal chain
- True Bypass - The Empress Heavy employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit
Add it to your board today!
- Input Impedance 1M
- Output Impedance 510 Ohm
- Frequency Response (-3dB) 35Hz - 17kHz
- Power Input Voltage 9 - 12 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption 200mA
- Enclosure Material Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector 1/4" Jack
- Output connector 1/4" Jack
- Dimensions (WxHxL): 4.5" x 2" x 3.5"
- Weight: 1lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.