- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Friedman Bill Kelliher Signature 100W Tube Guitar Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J41333 000000000 J41333000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Bill Kelliher’s guitar playing is rooted in metal, infused with rock 'n' roll, progressive rock and sprinkled with bits and pieces of thrash, punk an...Click To Read More About This Product
Bill Kelliher's signature sound, which takes gain past 11.
Bill Kelliher’s guitar playing is rooted in metal, infused with rock 'n' roll, progressive rock and sprinkled with bits and pieces of thrash, punk and psychedelic-ness. So, when it came time for Mastodon’s lead guitar player to design the ultimate amp to cover the complexity of his playing, Bill decided to team with long-time friend and respected tone guru, Dave Friedman.
The result of this collaboration is the new Friedman Butterslax, a 100W, three-channel beast powered by four EL-34s with gain, more gain, extreme gain and some more gain to top it off. But “high-gain” is an over-simplification of the Butterslax. What Dave and Bill created is a super-high-gain, ultra-tight amp that delivers deep, rich, low-end that will make your pants rattle. Yet, the Butterslax delivers detailed midrange and singing highs that capture every drop of each refined note.
The Butterslax features three channels. Channel one with gain, master, bass, middle, and treble takes you from slightly overdrive tones to hard rock. Channel two, with the same controls takes you to where most “metal” amps leave off. The third, fire-breathing channel, takes you 100 miles past the extreme, to gain heaven—or hell—depending on your perspective.
The Butterslax features an ultra-transparent effects loop, Baltic Birch construction, black tolex and checkered grille cloth. So if you’re looking for a clean amp to play, this is NOT your amp. But if you want an tone machine that measures on the Richter Scale, plug into the Butterslax and enjoy the ride.
The Butterslax is hand-wired in the U.S.A. using hand selected components. You can buy this amp with confidence because Friedman Amps are designed and built to last a lifetime.
- Power: 100W (tube)
- Tubes: four 12AX7 (preamp); four EL34 (power amp)
- Three channels
- Impedance: 4, 8 and 16 ohm (switchable)
- Controls: 3-band EQ, gain, master, presence, thump, channel select
- Line out with level control
- Ultra-transparent series FX loop
- 2-button footswitch with LEDs included
- Custom USA-made transformers
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 27.25 in. x 11 in. x 9 in.
- Weight: 42 lbs.
- Hand-wired in the USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.