- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Friedman Brown Eye 100W 2-Channel Tube Guitar Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J03696 000003000 J03696000003000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Friedman BE100 is a hand-wired, 100-watt, EL34 powered, multi-channel British-style amp. By merely adjusting the gain and master volume controls,...Click To Read More About This Product
Incredible boutique tone, and stage-ready power.
The Friedman BE100 is a hand-wired, 100-watt, EL34 powered, multi-channel British-style amp. By merely adjusting the gain and master volume controls, the BE100 can produce a variety of tones, seamlessly transitioning from blues to classic rock or hard rock to metal. To say it is British-styled is just the start of describing this inspiring tone machine.
The BE100 is a critically acclaimed amplifier created for the many musicians who have longed for the Friedman sound in a 100-watt format, as seen on the stages of superstars like Alice in Chains, Pink, Bon Jovi, The Cult, and Foo Fighters.
Plug into to the BE100 and you will instantly notice the huge, tight low-end and rich harmonically detailed chords at any volume, made possible by Friedman's superior
Master Volume control.
Single notes take on that Holy Grail singing quality all guitarists strive to attain but rarely can through most amps. The BE100 cleans up remarkably well with the guitar's volume control, even with the amp on higher gain settings. For a more dramatic clean sound, switch over to the clean channel and dial in the bass, treble and three-way bright switch tone-shaping controls.
All three modes (BE, HBE, CLEAN) can be accessed from the amp's front panel or from the included two-button footswitch. The BE100 was designed to take pedals and loves boosts, ODs, phasers, flangers, tremolos and wahs, while the brand new ultra-transparent series effects loop handles your time-based effects pedals and rack units.
Play through the BE100 and you'll see why this amp has received the prestigious Editor's Pick Award from Guitar Player Magazine (Nov, 2013).
Handwired in the USA.
Dave Friedman is the man behind the signature tones of rock icons Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens and Jerry Cantrell. Dave Friedman has been building, modding and repairing amplifiers for many of the world's biggest stars for the past 25 years. Friedman's innovative designs and meticulous construction have made him legendary in the world of professional touring musicians while earning him a loyal clientele from all over the world. One of Friedman's mainstays has been modifying amps to each player's specific tonal palette, and to consult with other established amplifier companies to improve their own designs.
Dave Friedman's extensive knowledge and pursuit of tonal superiority inspired him to develop his own series of production amplifiers under the name Friedman Amplification. In the past, having Friedman build or modify your amp required a certain level of notoriety, but now his sonic wizardry is available to everyday players.
Each Friedman amplifier is hand-wired in the U.S.A. using only hand selected components. You can buy with confidence because Friedman Amps are designed and built to last a lifetime.
- Power: 100W (tube)
- Three channels
- Tubes: four 12AX7 (preamp); four EL34 (power amp)
- Master volume and gain controls
- Full EQ consisting of bass, middle, treble and presence (BE, HBE channel)
- Three-position gain structure switch
- Clean channel featuring volume, treble, bass and 3-way bright switch
- SAT, FAT, C45 and Voice switches create a multitude of unique textures
- Line out with level control
- Ultra transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance Selector Switch
- Custom USA-made transformers
- Two- button footswitch with LEDs included
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 8.75" (D) x 29.25" (W) x 12.25" (H)
- Weight: 43 lb.
- Made in the U.S.A.
You won't believe your ears. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.