Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Power Load Variable Reactive Load with Cab and Mic Emulationfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
Grab your tube amp by the scruff for silent recording, practice and more.
Professional-Quality Headphone Amplifier
You can run your favorite tube amp into the Power Load, cranked, for silent headphone practice. The stereo effects loop in the headphone amplifier allows you to insert delays and reverb into the headphone mix. You can also connect a stereo music source such as a CD or MP3 player or group practice mixer using the Program Input for an unprecedented level of performance.
For live performance you can place the Power Load in between your amp and cabinet, sending the XLR with Cab + Mic emulation direct to the Front of House PA and Monitor board. No cabs? No Problem! You can crank your favorite amp silently, delivering dynamic consistent tone direct to the console.
The Power Load offers incredible dynamics, feel and studio-quality performance in a convenient, affordable and lightweight package that sits neatly on top of any head or combo amplifier. The signal path is 100% analog, therefore has no digital-conversion latency. With thousands of Power Stations in the field, you can be confident in the transparency, dynamic feel and reliability of the Variable Reactive Load. The analog Cab+Mic Emulation system, which was evolved from the highly-acclaimed Fryette Valvulator GP/DI, provides wonderfully realistic and responsive mic’d cabinet tones direct to your interface, mixer or headphones.
Call or click to order today!
Power Load Variable Reactive Load with Cab and Mic Emulation Specifications:
- Award-winning Power Station Reactive Load with Variable High and Low Frequency Response
- 200W speaker load capacity
- Works with any tube amp head or combo
- Analog Cab + Mic Emulation
- Silent Recording capability
- Amp In with selectable Input Impedance (4, 8 or 16 Ohm)
- Operates with 12VDC 500 mA power supply
- Phase Reverse Switch
- Passive load (and fan) will operate without external power
- Attenuation function provides approximately 3dB drop in volume
- 1/4” AUX input with -10dB pad
- Headphone amp with dedicated FX Loop
- 1/4” Headphone output
- XLR and 1/4” transformer-isolated direct-only outputs
- XLR and 1/4” Cab + Mic Emulated outputs
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.