- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gamechanger Audio Third Man Records Plasma Coil
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77744 000001000 L77744000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Plasma Coil is a special version of the Plasma Pedal created by Gamechanger Audio and Third Man Records. The Third Man Records Plasma Coil pedal ...Click To Read More About This Product
A revolutionary way of producing distortion by converting signals into a series of high-voltage plasma discharges.
The Plasma Coil is a special version of the Plasma Pedal created by Gamechanger Audio and Third Man Records. The Third Man Records Plasma Coil pedal was used by Jack White on The Raconteurs’ album Help Us Stranger, in the subsequent tour and other projects. At its heart is Gamechanger Audio’s innovative High Voltage Distortion technology that expresses audio signal as a series of electrical discharges. The Plasma Coil takes High Voltage distortion to new heights by adding multiple octave-style circuits, and an additional effects footswitch that can be toggled as latching or momentary.
The Plasma Coil is a revolutionary way of producing distortion by converting your instrument’s signal into a series of high-voltage plasma discharges in a sealed xenon-filled tube. The result is a sharp and sizzling overdrive that’s clear, responsive and, most importantly, fun. This patent-pending technology of high-voltage electric discharge also acts as a natural noise-gating device that creates strong contrasts between staccato notes, as well as eliminating all unwanted noise and pickup hum. The Gamechanger Audio and Third Man Records Plasma Coil’s electric discharge tube produces beautiful visible bolts of lightning that react to the input signal, creating a captivating experience for all players. In essence, it’s like playing a bolt of electricity.
Natural Noise Gate
This feature allows you to achieve extreme contrasts between individual notes by eliminating all of the in-between noises created by the instrument’s pickups or by humming strings.
The Third Man Records Plasma pedal loses the original dry input signal and creates a new signal from fluctuations in the electromagnetic field surrounding the gas-discharge tube. This allows for a very wide range of frequencies. Boost and cut the lows and highs with the dedicated knobs. The EQ can be switched to affect only the wet sound or dry sound, which is especially suitable for bass.
Unique Harmonic Saturation
The Plasma pedal converts your instrument’s signal into a rapid series of electric discharges, which results in a large amount of non-linear harmonic saturation that causes extremely rich and responsive attacks, and delivers screeching sharp overtones and harmonics. These harmonic artifacts—produced as a byproduct of the high voltage discharge—are uncommon in traditional signal amplification, making Plasma Pedal’s distortion unlike anything you’ve heard before.
- High Voltage PLASMA Distortion circuit converts audio signal into a series of electrical discharges at 3.5 kV
- 2 EQ controls to boost or cut Low and High frequencies
- Voltage knob: Adjusts the amount of electrical current sent to the PLASMA tube
- Effects knob: Allows you to select 1 of 6 different special effect types: Volume Boost, 2 Subharmonic modes (Bitcrush-style Octave Down), 1 Upper Harmonic mode (Octafuzz-style Octave Up), 2 Mixed modes (Upper and Lower harmonics combined)
- Effects footswitch: Engages the PLASMA Coil's special effect circuit
- Master Volume knob: Cuts or boosts the output signal level
- On/Off silent footswitch
- Effects footswitch toggle: Configure effects footswitch as a latching On/Off switch or as a Momentary switch
A revolutionary way of producing distortion, used by Jack White. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.