- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guyatone Ultron Optical Auto Wah Effects Pedal
- Product 150154
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With optical circuitry based on the vintage Mutron III envelope filter, the Ultron Auto Wah Pedal takes the soul of that classic effect and adds a va...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Professional pedal brings the flexibility of digital control to the analog audio domain.
With optical circuitry based on the vintage Mutron III envelope filter, the Ultron Auto Wah Pedal takes the soul of that classic effect and adds a variety of new and useful control features that set it apart from any other unit on the market.
Three types of classic wah filter effects are available with the Ultron ” Envelope Filter (filter effect controlled by pick attack), Auto Wah (filter effect controlled by internal oscillator), or Manual Wah (filter effect controlled via external expression pedal). For all three effect types the frequency range, direction and intensity of the filter effect are completely adjustable via the Threshold, Frequency, Drive and Peak controls on the unit's front panel.
At the heart of the Ultron is Guyatone's proprietary CPU controller, which allows for quick selection of the Ultron's primary effect function. Six effect modes are easily accessible from the unit's front panel, and each effect mode features a sub-mode that can be accessed with a quick press of the control footswitch. If that isn't enough, the last two modes also feature bonus modes that allow for manual selection of the oscillator waveform via an external expression pedal.
The six effect modes are as follows:
Momentary wave ” functions as an envelope filter or, when control footswitch is pressed and held, an oscillator-controlled auto wah
Wave tap ” functions as an oscillator-controlled auto wah with rate determined by tap tempo function of control footswitch
Pedal wah/touch ” functions as a manual wah with filter position controlled by the optional external expression pedal in main mode. Three selectable tapers (linear/audio/reverse audio) are available for the treadle. In sub-mode unit functions as an envelope filter
Pedal depth/touch - main mode varies frequency depth using the optional expression pedal or functions as envelope filter in sub-mode
Pedal speed 1/touch ” main mode varies the speed of the wave form oscillation with the optional expression pedal over a range of 70-1000 ms. In sub mode the unit functions as an envelope filter
Pedal speed 2/touch ” main mode varies the speed of the wave form oscillation with the optional expression pedal over a range of 70-4000 ms. In sub mode the unit functions as an envelope filter
Via these multiple effect modes, you can achieve a limitless variety of filtering effects that can all be toggled through and tweaked in real time.
The Ultron's CPU also offers six selectable waveforms when the unit is used in the oscillator-controlled effect modes - a variety of Triangle, Sawtooth, and Square Waves are available for quick selection via the unit's front panel. In addition, the oscillator's rate can be displayed in BPM or Milliseconds allowing for precise syncing to song tempo or external devices.
Like the Mutron III, the Ultron features selectable high pass, band pass and low pass filters, allowing for use with a wide variety of instruments and input signals. Additionally, the Ultron features a notch filter setting that creates a "mid-scoop" effect particularly useful for funk and slap bass.
The Ultron's range control offers similar improvements over the original Mutron, featuring the standard hi and lo ranges as well as the new mid frequency range, which allows for much more precise positioning of the filter effect. The Ultron's operation ranges can be further tweaked for use with specific instruments via an array of internal DIP switches.
Bootsy Climbs on Board the Guyatone Groove Train
Guyatone is pleased to announce the addition of Funk Bass legend Bootsy Collins to its growing list of artists. Bootsy was reeled in by the slippery sounds of the new Guyatone Ultron Optical Auto Wah, the hybrid analog/digital wonder box that brings the funk and then some! In the words of the Boot-man himself -
"Under water Communications and Funky Addictations are now possible by using what Bootzilla recommends: 'ULTRON' - uhh! By the way, it is Da Bomb!"
Check out Bootsy getting down with the Ultron on his new CD "Christmas is 4-Ever" on Shout!Factory records at www.shoutfactory.com.
- Selectable Manual-, Envelope-, or Oscillator-controlled filter operation
- HP, BP, LP, and Notch Filters with Hi, Lo, and Mid Frequency Ranges
- Variable Threshold, Peak, Frequency and Speed Controls with selectable Up/Down Filter Drive
- CV control of filter sweep (manual mode), Filter Peak or Oscillator Rate (oscillator mode) with 3 selectable pedal tapers (linear, audio, reverse audio)
- 6 selectable waveforms in oscillator mode with tap tempo rate control
- 3-digit LED display indicates oscillator rate in BPM or M/Sec (selectable)
- Selectable frequency peak, frequency sweep ranges and input attenuation for multiple instruments via internal DIP switches
- Type: Optical Envelope Filter with Digital Controllers
- Input: 1/4" Standard Phone Plug
- Output: 1/4" Standard Phone Plug
- DC Input: 2.1 x 5.5 mm DC barrel plug, tip negative polarity
- Pedal Jack: 1/4" Standard Phone Plug
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impednace: 470 ohm
- Bypass: True Mechanical Bypass using DPDT switch (see manual)
- Low Pass (-12dB/octave), High Pass (-12dB/octave)
- Band Pass (20dB/+/-octave)
- Notch (-20dB/+/-octave)
- High Frequency range - 400Hz-15 KHz (at FEQ MAX)
- Middle Frequency range - 260Hz-13 KHz (at FEQ MAX)
- Low Frequency range - 200Hz-11 KHz (at FEQ MAX)
- Oscillator Speed: 70-4000 mS (15-840 BPM)
- Oscillator Waveform: Triangle, Sawtooth, Reverse Sawtooth, Square 1, Square 2, Square 3
- Controls: Filter Mode, Threshold, Peak, Frequency, Speed Controller, Mode Select Controller, Range Select Switch, Drive Select Switch, Tap/Pedal Setup Switch, Effect Switch (True Bypass), Control Switch
- Internal Controls: Mid Range Peak on/off, Low Range Peak on/off, Threshold Low Cut on/off, Threshold on/off, Threshold Level (trimmer)
- Display: Speed Display LED (counter type), BPM (Beat) Indicate LED, m/sec Indicate LED, Motion Indicate LED, Control Indicate LED, Effect Indicate LED, Mode Indicate LED, Wave Form Indicate LED, Effect Mode Indicate LED
- Power Consumption: 80mA
- Power: DC9V
- Size: 120(W) x 188(D) x 55(H) mm
- Weight: 685g
- Guyatone AC-2 (9V adapter)
- Rubber Foot Pads x 4
- Guyatone Warranty Card
- Optional Accessories: +5V External Expression Pedal (Roland/Boss EV-5 recommended)
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited