Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Jackson Audio FUZZ GOAT HEAD Analog Plug-in Moduletrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
The sound of Pink Floyd in one feature-packed pedal.
The FUZZ GOAT HEAD analog plug-in module from Jackson Audio takes faithful recreations of historic fuzz circuits and brings them together allowing you to create classic fuzz sounds as well as new fuzz sounds that are impossible with the original circuits. The FUZZ GOAT HEAD plug-in expands the tones available by adding two additional types of clipping. With the jumper set in the DIST (distortion) position on your pedal, this plug-in makes the clipping smoother and with more headroom. With the jumper set in the OD (overdrive) position, the clipping is smoother still and has the feel and vibe of a vintage overdrive.
The idea of creating a modular fuzz came about as Jackson Audio were trying to decide which style of fuzz would be the most musical fuzz of all time. The answer quickly became, "All of them!" All of them are different, and all of them bring something unique sonically. With the FUZZ GOAT HEAD plug-in, you can update your fuzz sound completely and turn your pedal into a whole new pedal with a simple and affordable plug-in swap.
"In the 30 years since I began playing guitar, I have always loved fuzz pedals. I've bought countless versions of them over the years, but in my mind, they've always had a massive shortcoming. They desperately need more effective tone controls! That's why I designed the FUZZ GOAT HEAD plug-in with a 3-band, fully parametric EQ." - Brad Jackson
EQ and especially the mids, are where the guitar makes its stand. Not enough mids and your guitar is lost in the mix. Too much highs and your tone is piercing and off-putting. Too much bass and you compete sonically with the bass drum and bass player. With the parametric EQ on the FUZZ GOAT HEAD plug-in, you have nine controls at your disposal to fully sculpt your tone and make sure the riffs you are laying down are never lost in the mix.
- Bass Level: External knob. Adjusts for more or less bass. +/- 20dB
- Bass Freq: Internal trimmer. Selects which bass frequency is being adjusted.
- Bass Q: Internal trimmer. Adjusts how narrow or wide the selected frequency is.
- Mid Level: External knob. Adjusts for more or less mids. +/- 20dB
- Mid Freq: External knob. Selects which mid-frequency is being adjusted.
- Mid Q: Internal trimmer. Adjusts how narrow or wide the selected frequency is.
- Treble Level: External knob. Adjusts for more or less treble. +/- 20dB
- Treble Freq: Internal trimmer. Selects which treble frequency is being adjusted.
- Treble Q: Internal trimmer. Adjusts how narrow or wide the selected frequency is.
- A good fuzz and a good octave pedal go hand in hand. Jimi knew it. Stevie knew it. And you know it. If you want to put some purple in your haze, you're going to need an octave pedal and the octave circuit in the FUZZ is outstanding!
- Blend Control
- Covering everything from perfectly pure octave up to screaming splatting sonic mayhem, the octave circuit in the FUZZ is the perfect marriage of vintage and modern thanks to its unique octave Blend Control. The Blend Control mixed your clean signal with the fuzz/octave signal so you can dial in precisely how much octave effect you want. Guys like Doyle Bramhall II use this to great effect by adding just a little octave to their sound which gives it a little "lift".
- With the Blend Control fully counterclockwise, the octave circuit acts as a boost and is perfect for slamming the front of the fuzz circuit for more gain! Pro Tip! Boost + Fuzz Face = Tone Bender! This boost is also perfect for boosting the front of other pedals or just running as an always-on signal buffer/booster. With the Blend Control fully clockwise, there is no clean blend so your signal is fully fuzzed out with however much fuzz/octave you have dialed in with the Oct Control.
For insane levels of fuzz and sustain. Order today.
FUZZ GOAT HEAD Analog Plug-in Module Specifications:
- True Bypass (mechanical)
- 9V DC
- 50mA (Center Negative)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.