- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JHS Pedals Angry Charlie V3 Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- J47116 000000000 J47116000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Angry Charlie has become a staple of the JHS line over the years, and it’s a force to be reckoned with in the high-gain pedal territory. Its abil...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get amazing JCM800-style overdrive right from your pedalboard.
The Angry Charlie has become a staple of the JHS line over the years, and it’s a force to be reckoned with in the high-gain pedal territory. Its ability to convincingly and accurately breathe JCM800 tones into any rig has made it a popular choice for guitarists of all genres. And unlike many other British amp-in-a-box pedals, the Angry Charlie V3 sports a 3-band tone stack, just like the Marshalls, helping nail those warm yet searing tones and boundless sustain. If you are a glutton for high-gain overdrive/distortion that has a British flavor, the Angry Charlie V3 will change your life. Well, your gear life.
Furious-Sounding Amp in a Box
Turn the Drive control down, and you might be surprised how bluesy and vintage-like this pedal sounds. But through its different versions, our Angry Charlie distortion has always been one of the more aggressive British amp-in-a-box pedals out there. Either way, you’ll be injecting your amp with the grit and attitude of the UK amplifier heads that gave rock ‘n’ roll its teeth.
- Turns any amp into a screaming Marshall stack
- Go from bluesy Hendrix-like breakup to high-gain Brit tones with a twist of the Drive knob
- Drive and Volume control interact the same as a master volume amp head
- Back off your guitar’s volume to control your gain levels without losing clarity
Marshall-Style Tone Stack
After a couple of extremely well-received versions of the Angry Charlie, we realized that to really nail the ultimate Marshall-style tone, we had to add Marshall-style control. So we gave you a finely tuned Marshall-style 3-band EQ. Enjoy!
- Fine-tune your tone with controls for Bass, Middle, and Treble
- Active controls boost and cut their selected frequencies
Call or click to order today!
- Power requirement: 9V DC negative
- Consumes less than 100mA
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 4.8 x 1.6 in.
- VERSION HISTORY:
- V1 = larger enclosure and 3 controls, no presence control
- V2 = changed to current production size enclosure and look; presence control added
- V3 = color changed to red, added 3-band tone stack—5 controls total
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.