- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
KHDK Abyss Bass Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K46500 000000000 K46500000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The KHDK Abyss Overdrive is a game-changing bass overdrive, offering bass players complete control over their tone by doing the job of two amps: inst...Click To Read More About This Product
Take your bass tone to the next level.
The KHDK Abyss Overdrive is a game-changing bass overdrive, offering bass players complete control over their tone by doing the job of two amps: instead of having to use a clean bass amplifier for fat bottom end and cranked amp for overdriven midrange tone, you can achieve the signature bass rock tone with a single pedal. Abyss adds a full-body punch without modifying your original tone and the Dirty and Clean channels allow you to draft your desired sound with just the right amount of richness added.
Utilizing bi-amp technology with two discrete circuits, Abyss Overdrive divides your signal down two paths. One of them stores your original dynamic and color, keeping it unmodified. The other path adds an overdriven sound with fullness and a punch like the KHDK's celebrated No. 1 Overdrive. As the two signals meet again, the result is your original sound made more powerful, fuller and richer.
Like all KHDK pedals, Abyss is proudly crafted and quality-tested in Kentucky, USA.
- Dirty controls the amount of distorted signal in your tone.
- Clean controls your original sound and adds only volume, changing nothing.
- Treble is a passive, natural sounding low-pass filter. It cuts high end and offers a wide frequency range. Turned clockwise, it becomes raw, aggressive and cuts through. Turned counterclockwise, it cuts highs for a more mellow and warm tone. <
- Lo/Hi is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost and a subtle crunchy overdrive, great for rhythm playing. The hi setting adds saturation, sustain, low end and compression. This setting is recommended for a more powerful rhythm or soloing.
- Gain sets preamp gain, affects amount of compression and sustain.
Call or click to order today!
- Bypass mode: True bypass
- Input connector: Type Standard 1/4 in. jack – mono/TS
- Output connector: Type Standard 1/4 in. jack – mono/TS
- Power input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply
- Dimensions: 4.72 x 2.5 x 1.57 in. (120 x 65 x 40 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.