Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Line 6 Helix Rack Rack-Mountable Multi-Effects Processor With Foot Controllertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An amazing studio-focused processor that you can now use on the stage.
Have a pile of oddball pedals that you rely on for your personal sounds? No problem. Take advantage of the most comprehensive I/O and routing capabilities ever built into a multi-effects unit and easily integrate them into the Helix Rack environment. Once connected, create custom setups that make your external pedals feel like they’re all under the hood. Whether you spend your time in the studio or on the stage, Helix Rack is the next-generation guitar processor you’ve been waiting for.
Real tone that feels and sounds like your analog gear
When it comes down to authentic sound and feel, Helix Rack represents a giant leap forward for guitar technology. The dual-DSP engine provides massive power to accurately recreate the dynamic feel of tube amplifiers, not just their sonic fingerprint. Each stage of an amp's circuit has been measured and matched back to the original, so that each model reacts and interacts just like the real thing. This level of dynamic circuit detail extends into areas like power supply ripple, individual tube sag and control over B+ voltages. Once these elements are captured, you get classic bloom and gooey compression on some amps, and a powerful gut punch on others. Helix Rack also lets you load custom impulse responses, allowing you to personalize your rig setup.
Smart interaction—so intuitive you already know how to use it
Massive power traditionally comes with a steep learning curve, but Helix Rack challenges that way of thinking. The 6.2" 800x480-pixel LCD display all but eliminates menu diving and provides the same level of control you would expect from an external editor. When it comes to creating tones, Helix Rack is as fast as you are.
Speed up your editing with Helix Control
Helix Rack can be controlled by almost any MIDI-capable device, but adding Helix Control gives you the same innovative capabilities found in the floor-based Helix, and this means that—for the very first time—you won’t have to stop playing to tweak a knob. With Pedal Edit Mode, you can edit any parameter you like using your foot: simply select the block that you want to tweak, and its parameters spill out onto the Helix Control footswitches. Select a parameter, and tweak the value using one of three optional expression pedals.
Helix Rack has four stereo paths per preset, allowing you to design complex routing scenarios for each patch. Creating variations on wet and dry routing schemes is as easy as loading a template or tweaking the joystick, and using the onboard effects models in conjunction with the four freely assignable effects loops means that the tonal possibilities are truly huge.
Control of your entire rig—integrate and control internal and external devices
As the most advanced guitar processor ever made, Helix Rack can become the nerve center for your entire guitar rig. Easily integrate traditional effects pedals and other hardware into your environment, creating a seamless hybrid rig that incorporates the best of what software and hardware have to offer.
Helix Rack has extremely flexible audio routing thanks to its dynamically allocated DSP. Use the four effects loops to connect four separate pedal chains, or split them up and use them as freely assignable inputs and outputs. In combination with four stereo paths, this means that you can process multiple instruments at once, send wet and dry signals to different places, and create large integrated systems that take advantage of both digital and analog I/O at the same time.
When you need to incorporate external devices via MIDI, Helix Rack offers more flexibility than any multi-effects unit ever. In addition to powerful real-time MIDI control, Helix Rack can send up to six separate commands at patch recall that aren’t assigned to a connected footswitch, which means you can change a patch on a synth, start a sequencer and turn up a fader on an external mixer, all with one patch recall. Add AES/EBU digital I/O, Wordclock sync, support for three expression pedals, CV/Expression out and external amp switching, and Helix Rack can be the command center for any size rig.
Helix Foot Controller
Helix Rack can be controlled by almost any MIDI-capable device, but with the included Helix Control Floor Controller, you the same functionality as the floor-based Helix, opening up a new world of creativity. With Helix Control connected over a single cable, Rack users can select a block for editing by touching a footswitch, create custom labels for the scribble strips, connect up to three expression pedals, and edit parameters hands-free for the first time using Pedal Edit Mode.
Capacitative Touch Footswitches
Helix is an incredibly fast tone creator, giving you the ability to touch a footswitch and quickly tweak parameters or easily assign or learn controllers. Instantly jump to any block simply by touching the associated footswitch. It’s so fast, you can comfortably assign any item to a switch in three seconds.
Powerful Master Controller
When you need to incorporate external devices via MIDI, Helix offers more flexibility than any multi-effects unit ever. In addition to powerful real-time MIDI control, Helix can send up to six separate commands at patch recall that aren’t assigned to a footswitch, which means you can change a patch on a synth, start a sequencer and turn up a fader on an external digital mixer, all with one press of a footswitch. Add two additional expression pedal inputs, CV/Expression out, and external amp switching, and Helix can be the command center for any size rig.
VARIAX Control Enhancements
Helix 2.0 firmware features new Variax control enhancements that open up new performance possibilities. Toggle between two guitar models with a footswitch, control the Variax tone knob with an expression pedal, assign a momentary footswitch to drop D and more.
As Easy to Use as Helix
Helix Edit features the same accessible and intuitive user interface as Helix itself, so there’s no need to learn a new workflow. Reorganize your patch list, rename patches, edit tones and customize footswitch labels quickly and efficiently. Drag and drop amps, cabs and effects to build complex signal chains with ease. And adjust settings and parameters using dedicated sliders and knobs.
Helix Edit software provides a convenient way to edit tones on your computer. Stay focused on your creative work when you’re recording with a DAW—Helix Edit is available when you need it. Simply leave Helix on the floor or in the rack and keep working at your computer. You’ll also have the advantage of viewing complex patches and intricate signal paths on your large computer screen.
See Every Detail
Helix Edit lets you visualize every detail of your tone editing workflow on your computer. See a comprehensive visual overview of your tones and settings in the Main Editor panel. Quickly browse banks, presets and impulse responses in the Librarian panel. Easily dial in the perfect live sound with the Global EQ panel. And quickly assign commands for your external gear in the Command Center panel.
Helix 3.6 firmware update (as of April 24, 2023), is free to download by any owners of this product.
• Grammatico GSG - based on* the Grammatico GSG100
• Line 6 Elmsley - Line 6 original
• Agua Sledge - based on* the Aguilar Tone Hammer
Guitar Cabs (Single and Dual versions)
• 1x12 Blue Bell - captured from* a 1x12" VOX AC-15 Blue Alnico
• 1x12 Open Cream - captured from* a custom 1x12" open-back cab G12M-65
• 1x12 Open Cast - captured from* a custom 1x12" open-back cab EVM12L
• 2x12 Silver Bell - captured from* a 2x12" VOX AC-30TB Silver Alnico
• 2x12 Match H30 - captured from* a 2x12" Matchless DC-30 custom G12H-30
• 2x12 Match G25 - captured from* a 2x12" Matchless DC-30 custom G12M-25
• 4x12 Greenback 20 - captured from* a 4x12" Marshal “basketweave” G12M-20
Bass Cabs (Single and Dual versions)
• 1x12 Epicenter - captured from* a 1x12" Epifani Ultralight series
• 4x10 Ampeg Pro - captured from* a 4x10" Ampeg PR-410HLF
• Dark Dove Fuzz (Mono, Stereo) - based on* the Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff
• Triple Rotary (Mono, Stereo) - based on the Yamaha RA-200 rotary speaker
* These third-party product names are trademarks of their respective owners and neither Yamaha Guitar Group nor Line 6 are associated or affiliated with them. These trademarks appear solely to identify products whose tones were studied by Line 6 during sound model development.
FeaturesHelix Foot Controller
- Adding Helix Control to Helix Rack gives you the same functionality as the floor-based Helix, opening up a new world of function and creativity
- Sturdy metal chassis cuts weight and takes up less floor space
- Touch-sensitive footswitches with LED rings and customizable scribble strip displays
- 3 expression pedal inputs allow for maximum control over your tone
- Select blocks for editing by touching a footswitch
- Create custom labels for the scribble strips
- Edit parameters hands-free using Pedal Edit mode
- Single-cable connection provides data and power
- Includes Helix Firmware Update 3.6 free to download
Call or click to order today!
Helix Rack Rack-Mountable Multi-Effects Processor With Foot Controller Specifications:Helix Multi-Effects Rack Processor
- Dual DSP-powered HX modeling engine with four discrete stereo signal paths, 45 amps, 30 cabs, 16 mics and 70 effects
- Imports 3rd party 1,024/2,048 cab IR' (impulse responses)
- Large 6.2" 800x480-pixel LCD display
- Extensive I/O for seamless integration with your entire rig—10 inputs 12 outputs (including four fx loops), plus 8-in/8-out USB audio interface
- Up to three expression pedals, expression toe switch input, CV/Expression out, external amp switching and deep MIDI control
- AES/EBU and SPDIF digital I/O with Wordclock sync
- Industry-leading 123 dB of dynamic range on the guitar input, for tremendous depth and ultra-low noise
- Tour-grade construction 3RU rack enclosure
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.