- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Line 6 POD HD500X Guitar Multi-Effects Processor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H99065 000000000 H99065000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The POD HD500X is the ultimate tone palette, whether you want to re-create classics or go somewhere new with the ability to recall up to 512 totally ...Click To Read More About This Product
A limitless multi-effects processor to unleash all of your creativity with 100+ effects and more amp/cab models than you'll know what to do with.
- Heavy guitarists talk POD HD
- Variax and POD: Metal Tunings With Stevic MacKay | Line 6
- Line 6 Interview Part 1 (The Early Years Before Line 6)
- Line 6 Interview Part 2 (The Formation of Line 6)
- Line 6 Interview Part 3 (The Early Years of Line 6)
- Line 6 Interview Part 4 (Key Innovations)
- Variax and POD: Live Tips with Stevic MacKay | Line 6
The POD HD500X is the ultimate tone palette, whether you want to re-create classics or go somewhere new with the ability to recall up to 512 totally different rigs-with changes to preamp type, power amp configuration, guitar type, polyphonic alt-tuning, effects chain and more. And thanks to HD technology, POD HD500X provides the depth, character and touch nuance to inspire your creativity in the studio or on stage. So if you've never experienced the flagship of the POD family, now's the time to check out POD HD500X.
World-Class HD Amps
From vintage classics to modern powerhouses, each HD amp delivers incredible sonic depth, character and touch nuance to inspire your playing-and that's just the beginning. Customize the tone and dynamic response of each HD amp with an extensive set of deep parameters including Sag, Bias, Bias Excursion, Hum and more.
100+ Studio and Stomp Effects
POD HD500X gives you over 100 studio and boutique stomp effects, so you can take your sound in any direction. Emulate classic signal chains with distortions, delays, mods, filters, reverbs and more, or discover entirely new sounds by mixing and matching up to eight simultaneous effects. You also get pro-grade, assignable footswitches and a built-in, die-cast expression pedal to control your effects in real time.
More Processing Power, More Creativity
With unparalleled flexibility and more processing power than anything in its class, POD HD500X is built for tone creation. To start, POD features dynamic DSP, so you have the freedom to stack the effects you want wherever you want them. Compared to its predecessor, POD HD500X lets you add even more effects to your signal chain. You can also mix and match HD amps, cabinets, mics and effects in virtually endless combinations. With 512 presets, you've got plenty of options for recalling your tones.
Sculpt Sounds with Dual Signal Paths
Legendary guitar tones are often created with more than one signal path. POD HD500X lets you create these complex, rich tones without the setup headaches of traditional dual-amp rigs. You can route your guitar through two completely independent paths-each with its own HD amp and effects chain, of course-or process two signals at once using the 1/4" guitar, 1/4" auxiliary or XLR mic inputs. So whether you want to configure elaborate signal chains for more traditional stereo amp setups, or create unique soundscapes, you've picked the right tool.
Assignable Footswitches and Rugged Construction
With POD HD500X, you get professional-grade footswitches with bright LED rings for at-a-glance operation. You can use them to enable or bypass amps and effects, or to select presets directly. If you want to get more creative, you can assign multiple amp and effects parameters to the expression pedal and morph between sounds-controlling up to 52 parameters in real time. The footswitches also control the built-in 48-second looper-an instrument unto itself. The bent-metal chassis and rugged construction make POD HD500X ideal for any stage.
Flexible I/O for Recording with Any DAW
POD HD500X provides all the connections you need for studio, stage and anywhere in between. You can plug in a mic to record vocals or acoustic instruments, track with your favorite HD amps, use the stereo FX loop to connect stompboxes and outboard effects, and much more. Connect to your computer via USB for multi-channel, studio-quality recording with your favorite DAW software-or tap into POD HD Edit, the free editor/librarian software that makes it easy to tweak and organize all your tones.
Command Center for Your Guitar Experience
It doesn't matter if you use a guitar amp, go straight to the PA or take advantage of a next-gen full-range guitar rig-POD HD500X is the ideal command center for any guitar setup. It's a fully assignable MIDI controller, so you can use the footswitches and expression pedal to control all kinds of external hardware and software-and it gets even better when you use POD HD500X with other Line 6 gear.
- Extensive collection of award-winning HD amps for authentic tone and feel
- 100+ studio and stomp effects”use up to eight simultaneously
- Selectable speaker cabinets and mics
- Unparalleled flexibility to craft your tones: Dual signal paths, multiple routing optionso Dynamic DSP with more power for amps and effects and stereo FX loop can be inserted anywhere in the signal chain
- Professional-grade footswitches with bright LED rings for at-a-glance operation
- Comprehensive I/O includes USB 2.0, MIDI, S/PDIF, balanced XLR outputs, integrated mic preamp and more
- Guitar input with variable impedance
- Fully assignable MIDI controller”control external hardware and software via footswitches and expression pedal
- L6 LINK connection for integration and control of DT-series amplifiers and StageSource series loudspeakers
- VDI connection for integration and control of James Tyler Variax guitars
- 8 set lists containing 64 presets
- 512 user-writable preset locations
- Assignable expression pedal controls amp and effect parameters
- Integrated 48-second looper with dedicated footswitch
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Tap-tempo footswitch
- Professional-grade construction with bent metal chassis, chrome roll bar and die-cast expression pedal
- Downloadable POD HD500X software editor/patch librarian
The possibilities are endless when you order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.