- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lounsberry Pedals Toy Robot Low-Gain Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K47959 000000000 K47959000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Toy Robot Overdrive is another Lounsberry Pedals design that began life in an Altoids box. It soon became an essential part of the rig of Blues g...Click To Read More About This Product
This is not a toy; it's tone machine.
The Toy Robot Overdrive is another Lounsberry Pedals design that began life in an Altoids box. It soon became an essential part of the rig of Blues guitarists who were looking for a warmer and more natural (tube-like) alternative to the classic green box.
The Toy Robot uses lower gains per stage in cascading sections to shape tone in smaller increments, rounding off the edges a little bit at each stage. It is a multi-stage FET preamp with gain staging and Germanium diodes. The first stage FET pushes stage 2 at full volume, causing immediate overdrive and fatness feeding the gain pot, which controls level to the Germanium Diodes. The third stage can be overdriven as well, depending on setting. It exploits the concept of gain staging and allows for moderate amounts of overdrive at every stage, and cleans up well with the guitar volume knob. Rob Chapman really liked this one!
Like all Lounsberry Pedals it sounds and plays more like a guitar amp than a guitar pedal, the controls work the same, and they are all very responsive, and can go from warm semi-clean to full on classic rock crunch and saturated lead tones.
The Toy Robot, may not flatten Tokyo, but it provides the dynamic touch response of a vintage tube amplifier and can warm up the input of your amp and provide some classic crunch.
Discrete preamps provide gain in several stages, so that a lot of what happens to provide the right amounts of drive and compression in a preamp is determined by how many discrete stages are employed, and their levels, determining how the stages interact.
- Very natural warm sounding circuit
- Unique gain staging overdrives each stage moderately
- Complex harmonics with both Germanium diode and FET overdrive
- All Discrete Analog circuit - No ICs or Surface Mount components
- True Bypass - 9V Battery Included
Call or click to order today!
- Power requirement: 9 volts 100ma
- 2.1mm x 5.5 mm plug
- Negative tip
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.