"sourceCodeId" : "61001562",
"sourceName" : "DIRECTSOURCECODE2",
"sourceSegment" : "direct",
"profileZipcode" : "",
"profileStoreId" : "",
"profileStoreName" : "",
"profileID" : "6129386092",
"cookieLoggedIn" : false,
"fullyLoggedIn" : false,
"callCenterNumber" : "800-449-9128"
Mad Professor Ruby Red Booster Guitar Effects Pedal
- Product #
- Lowest Price
- Q & A
A booster that adds the right amount of color to your sound.
The easy-to-use Mad Professor Ruby Red Booster is one of the most versatile high quality boosters on market. It's a combination of two boosters and a switchable buffer. The two boosters are based on the highly sought after BJF Little Red Trebler and Red Rooster Booster, connected in that order and with a master volume control.
The RRB can be used as a treble booster, a clean boost or an overdrive unit or any combination of the above. Inside the pedal there is a switch for a high quality buffer. You can set the pedal for true bypass mode or "buffer on" in bypass mode. The Treble Booster is a fine-tuned booster for just the right treble frequency with carefully designed bandwidth and an optimized slope of bass cut.
The booster circuit is designed to overdrive the amplifier inputs from nice shimmer to heavy overdrive, thanks to the massive 40dB of boost. The booster is tuned so that it produces musical distortion by itself on higher boost settings. You can control the total level of the two boosters with the Master Volume control and also use the Master Volume to achieve distortion from the unit.
- Master: This is a volume control that is located directly after the booster circuit and when set to max it is just a resistor to ground. This control sets the final output and it can be used to control the output when the pedal is used for overdrive (Boost turned up).
- Treble: Set treble boost from zero to about 15dB. The treble frequency and bandwidth are carefully tuned with an optimized bass slope.
- Boost: The gain of the booster and can be set from unity to about 40dB of boost. When this control is cranked the unit will distort within itself.
- Buffer: Inside the pedal there is a switch for a high quality buffer. You can set the pedal for true bypass mode or "buffer on" in bypass mode.
- Mad Professor recommends using a buffer in your signal chain to help with the treble and gain loss from using many pedals and/or long cables.
- The Mad Professor RRB Buffer is an amplifier with a voltage gain of exactly 1x (times).
- The RRB buffer output impedance is set a little lower than the Dc resistance of a standard guitar pickup to equalize the effect of following load impedance. Input impedance is set at 500K for a medium load to standard guitar pickups. This keeps the tone and guitar volume taper natural.
- Treble boost: Set Boost to minimum and Master to maximum and adjust for desired treble boost with the Treble knob.
- Straight boost: Set Treble to minimum and Master to maximum and adjust Boost to desired effect.
- Distortion: Set Boost to maximum and adjust output level with Master to unity, then adjust Boost for desired depth and overdrive. Treble can be used to enhance distortion effect.
Built the Mad Professor way: small footprint and big tone.
Amplifiers & Effects
Fuzz & Boost Effects Pedals
- Mad Professor
- Mad Professor Fuzz & Boost Effects Pedals