Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Mesa Boogie Mark V: 35 Rackmount Guitar Tube Head Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The light-middleweight contender that packs a punch.
To further bolster the new Mark V: 35's stage-ready resume, they've added a channel independent solo feature, a long-spring tank for the all-tube reverb, the complete set of voicing choices from their CabClone with the addition of the Vintage setting to its onboard DI output and an upgraded footswitch for access to the new footswitchable choices. This new blend of perfect clip-ablity on demand and exciting, dynamic headroom when you need it creates the most adaptable Mark amplifier yet.
Multi-watt channel assignable power
Utilizing their Dyna-Watt technology within the multi-watt channel assignable power array, this performance-oriented model offers substantially more headroom, punch and power in 35 watts, while two low-power options, 25 and 10 watts, provide a looser feel and enhanced power clip expression. Each of the three power level settings has its own sonic character and can be used to further authenticate the sound styles you are aiming at with your mode choices and preamp settings. The power ranges and wiring styles are: 35-watt (Dyna-Watt power), 25-watt (Dyna-Watt power) and 10-watt (class AB triode.)
Two channels and six modes of mighty compact power
Independent solo controls for each channel allow different footswitchable volume levels that—in addition to your channel master settings—you can switch to during performance. Independent solo controls for each channel offer an additional volume level that you can call up during performance using the Mark V: 35 footswitch.
The Mark V: 35—like the Mark V it’s born from—is at heart a collection of iconic amplifiers, comprising a living history of MESA/Boogie. Channel 1 covers the entire gain spectrum from chiming, tight, clean sounds, through furry, edge-of-clip, to classic rock crunch and all the way up to burning, saturated, lead sounds. Channel 2 delivers the legendary Mark II-C+ and warmer, rounder Mark IV in all their glory and the Xtreme Mode from the Mark V.
To round out the two-channel, six-mode preamp and lightweight but mighty sounding power section, the Mark Five: 35 is available as both a 19" traditional "Boogie-size" head and a portable 1x12 combo. The head can sit atop a number of MESA/Boogie Extension cabinets and the combo can be coupled with an additional Extension as well for greater coverage. And to further enhance your enjoyment of either of these formats, a wide range of covering options may be chosen from their custom vinyl and leathers as well as exotic hardwood cabinetry.
You'll find added tone shaping in Channel 1 via the Mid/Boost feature on the Mark V: 35. From 0 to 5 on the Mid/Boost, play with the normal range of a standard mid control in a condensed form. From 5 to 10 on the Mid/Boost, a dynamic graduation of overdrive possibilities unfolds, enhancing gain over a broad midrange spectrum and increasing the versatility of each of the three modes in Channel 1. Clean and fat give way to furry and howling, while crunch rolls past classic rock to unleash metal rhythms and molten layers of harmonic complexity for lead work.
The classic MESA/Boogie 5-band graphic EQ provides the ultimate in sonic flexibility. Dial your sound in with the standard tone controls. If further shaping is desired, employ the targeted power of the 5-band graphic EQ and tweak as you see fit.
The Mark V: 35 incorporates independent solo controls that allow each channel to have its own level for the solo footswitchable boost feature. On this 35-watt Mark rendering however—unlike other MESA/Boogie amplifiers—the solo feature is really an alternate master control wired in parallel with the channel master and therefore can achieve levels above or below that of the channel master controls. A "Preview" feature is built into the footswitch that indicates the status of the solo control of the channel you are not playing through. A dim yellow LED above the solo button of either channel on the footswitch indicates the solo is called up and will be active when you next engage that channel. At that time, the LED on the footswitch will illuminate full strength and change color to match the channel’s LED color (green for Channel 1, red for Channel 2) and the solo will determine the channel’s volume level until you switch it off and return to using the channel’s master control.
The Mark V: 35 includes a headphone output for personal enjoyment of the amplifier when it is not possible or convenient to play through a speaker. This jack derives its "speaker simulated" signal from the included CabClone D.I. feature and delivers a solid rendering of the Mark V: 35's sound and feel to your headphone set of choice. Use this output for late-night practicing as it offers an authentic and inspiring tone and feel by including your power tubes and output transformer in the signal path, and is then frequency compensated and level matched courtesy of the on-board CabClone D.I. circuitry.
The Mark V: 35 upgrades include additions to the on-board CabClone D.I. feature, which now offers three classic "cabinet simulated" voicing modes and gives you the full feature set of the stand-alone CabClone D.I. minus the output control. The simulations are an analog representation achieved through passive means (without op-amps to add gain for shaping) and were created using MESA/Boogie's 45 years of experience co-designing custom speakers with the world’s top makers, and designing custom cabinets to load them in.
These CabClone "virtual-cabinet" options allow you to tailor the direct circuit’s EQ response for different cabinet styles, gain regions and/or different instruments and pickups. The choices range from bright and open with enhanced top end for buffed clean sounds (Open Back), to a more compressed voice with the upper harmonics shelved for warm, singing single-note sounds and thick high gain rhythm work (Vintage), to a scooped midrange and boosted top and bottom response curve (Closed Back) that excels for heavy crunch rhythm and high-gain lead work.
Among these three voicing options on the Mark V: 35, you have a broad spectrum of responses to choose from when going direct. How you wish to apply them is up to you and these descriptions merely offer a starting point. Regardless of how you dedicate them to your channels for your recording needs, you'll have all the power needed to capture great guitar sounds direct.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the world's finest materials
- All-tube amplifier: 4xEL-84 power tubes and 6x12AX7 preamp tubes
- Fixed bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance
- Patented multi-watt channel assignable power amp featuring MESA/Boogie’s proprietary Dyna-Watt technology providing three power levels and two wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via independent 35/25/10-watt power switches
- 10-watt mode utilizes two power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and liquid feel at lower volumes
- 25- and 35-watt modes utilize two or four power tubes respectively, operating in MESA/Boogie's exclusive Dyna-Watt class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity
- Two fully independent channels with six style modes:
- Channel 1 features: Clean, fat or crunch modes with multi-watt power switch (10/25/35 watts); Independent gain, treble, mid/boost* (patent applied for), bass, presence, reverb (rear panel), master and footswitchable solo controls; *Powerful mid/boost control doubles as a standard midrange tone control (from 1 to 5) and a variable gain boost control (from 5 to 10) providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering
- Channel 2 features: Legendary Mark IIC+, Mark IV and Xtreme Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (10/25/35 watts); Independent gain, treble, middle, bass, presence, reverb (rear panel), master and footswitchable solo controls; Selectable 5-band graphic EQ is footswitchable, channel assignable or bypassable
- Independent solo control for each channel (front panel)
- All-tube, long-tank, spring reverb with independent channel controls (rear panel)
- Fully buffered, tube FX loop
- Built-in CabClone cabinet simulator output with internal amp load and headphone output, featuring closed-back, open-back and vintage voices, speaker on/off and ground lift switches
- All-aluminum chassis
- Four-button footswitch (Channel 1/2, EQ, solo Ch. 1 & solo Ch. 2) slip cover
Capture great guitar sounds direct. Order today.
Mark V: 35 Rackmount Guitar Tube Head Specifications:
- Wattage: 10/25/35
- Power tube type: 4x MESA EL84
- Channels and modes: 2 channels / 6 modes
- Mode voicings:
- Ch. 1 - Clean, Fat or Crunch
- Ch. 2 - Mark IIC+, Mark IV or Extreme
- Graphic EQ: Yes
- Reverb: Yes
- FX Loop: Yes
- Ch. independent solo: Yes
- Height: 7"
- Width: 19.125"
- Depth: 10.25"
- Weight: 19 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.