- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXR M236 Super Badass Variac Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J44189 000000000 J44189000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MXR Super Badass Variac Fuzz is a dream come true for guitar players chasing vintage fuzz tone. This tasty fuzz is aggressive and biting, and wit...Click To Read More About This Product
A versatile fuzz with variable voltage settings to give you plenty of sounds to choose from.
The MXR Super Badass Variac Fuzz is a dream come true for guitar players chasing vintage fuzz tone. This tasty fuzz is aggressive and biting, and with the twist of a knob, you can drag it into that “dying battery” territory much prized by tone chasers—no need to manage a collection of half-dead batteries.
To create the Super Badass Variac Fuzz, the MXR design team dusted off a rare vintage circuit, tuned it up, and added a Variac control so you can set the pedal’s voltage anywhere from 5 to 15V. For that wonderful saggy fuzz effect you get as a 9V battery loses its power, just lower the voltage by turning the Variac knob counterclockwise. Increasing the voltage raises the effect’s headroom, opening up the fuzz for a more transparent sound at 15V.
The Super Badass Variac Fuzz’s simple interface is rounded out with Tone, Output, and Gain controls, and it all comes in a road-ready housing with true bypass switching.
- Set voltage from 5V–15V
- Lower voltage for “dying battery” effect
- Increase voltage for more headroom and clarity
Call or click to order now!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.