- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXR M281 Thump Bass Preamp Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73634 000001000 L73634000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MXR Thump Bass Preamp is a tone-sweetening, signal-boosting and altogether groove-enhancing machine. This pedal was conceived when the MXR design...Click To Read More About This Product
Sculpt your perfect, punchy bass tone with this awesome preamp pedal.
The MXR Thump Bass Preamp is a tone-sweetening, signal-boosting and altogether groove-enhancing machine. This pedal was conceived when the MXR design team and their in-house bass players discovered that the Echoplex Preamp’s sonic secret sauce made for just as delectable a pairing with bass as it does with guitar. Using that circuitry as a foundation, the MXR team added a simple yet potent tone-shaping interface so that you can dial in the perfect bass sound for the stage and the studio.
Crafting the sound you need is easy. The Echoplex Preamp circuit conditions your signal with a carefully balanced EQ profile, and this pedal’s tone controls let you take it from there. The Treble and Bass knobs cut or boost frequencies at 8 kHz and 40 Hz respectively, while the Mid knob cuts or boosts the midrange as set by the Frequency knob, from 250 Hz to 1 kHz. This range of frequencies was selected to give players maximum flexibility and minimal fuss when refining their bass signal.
Whether you need to punch up a solo, boost your signal in a live mix, or sculpt more edge into the sound of a passive bass, the Thump Bass Preamp packs incredible versatility into an MXR mini housing.
Call or click to order today!
- All the tone-sweetening versatility bass players need in an MXR mini housing
- Combines the Echoplex Preamp with a three-band EQ and mid-frequency adjustment
- Punch up a solo, boost your live signal, or sculpt a more aggressive edge onto a passive sound
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.