- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXR M81 Bass Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J08007 000000000 J08007000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MXR Bass Preamp combines a pristine bass preamp with a studio-quality Direct Out in a Phase 90-sized box, providing clear tone without hogging pr...Click To Read More About This Product
Bring out the best of your bass tone.
The MXR Bass Preamp combines a pristine bass preamp with a studio-quality Direct Out in a Phase 90-sized box, providing clear tone without hogging precious pedal board space. Use it to add a new voice to an old passive bass, sweeten up any amp, or put some special sauce on a particular song. Dial it in just the way you want it and send it straight to the house-pre or post-EQ-with the built-in Direct Out.
The Bass Preamp features separate INPUT and OUTPUT level controls and a 3-band EQ section with sweepable midrange-from 250hz to 1khz-for extensive tonal flexibility. It's all delivered super clean with high headroom thanks to our own Constant Headroom Technology, and you can use the PRE/POST EQ switch to set whether or not your Direct Out signal is affected by the Bass Preamp's EQ section. And of course, the Bass Preamp features a GROUND LIFT switch in case you encounter ground loop hum.
The Bass Preamp is factory preset to operate in ¼" out buffered bypass and Direct Out active. For players who only want to use the ¼" out, there are two internal switches that disable the Direct Out and ¼" out buffered bypass for true ¼" out bypass mode.
- Separate INPUT & OUTPUT level controls
- 3-band EQ section with sweepable midrange
- Studio-quality Direct Out
Get yours today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.