- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXR MC404 CAE Dual Inductor Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 582116 000001000 582116000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics designed the MXR MC-404 CAE Dual Inductor Wah Pedal with the Cry Baby design team to create a highly versati...Click To Read More About This Product
This wah cries with versatility.
Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics designed the MXR MC-404 CAE Dual Inductor Wah Pedal with the Cry Baby design team to create a highly versatile wah-wah with top-grade components. The MC404 CAE Wah features dual Fasel inductors with 2 distinct voices (high-end emphasis or low-to-mid resonance), and a built-in MXR MC-401 Boost/LineDriver that adds even more flexibility.
Choose between inductors and turn the boost on or off with the side-mounted kickswitches. Bright LEDs on each side of the wah indicate operation status. The MC404 CAE Wah boasts true hardwire bypass, a long-life CTS potentiometer, and internal pots for the Q control-which varies the intensity of the wah effect-and gain adjustments. You get the high performance and quality that you expect from Dunlop, the world leader in wah-wah technology.
Bob Bradshaw has been one of the world's foremost designers of custom guitar pedal boards and effects systems for many of rock's most influential guitarists for 3 decades. And for just as long, MXR and Cry Baby have been synonymous with the effects pedal innovations that have shaped the tone of modern electric guitar playing. So it was only natural for them all to join forces to create a dynamic line of pedals offering the ultimate in tone, functionality and road-worthy dependability. Since 1980, CAE's groundbreaking pedal designs were made in limited quantities only for a select clientele of world-class guitarists. But now these very same devices and circuits are available to all.
- Select between a Yellow or Red Fasel Inductor for two distinct tones
- Features a custom designed CTS extended life low noise potentiometer
- User selectable gain output stage with kick switch and LED indicator
- Designed with low noise class 'A' operational amplifiers
- Bright LEDs indicate effect status, inductor mode, and boost on or off mode
- True bypass
- For power, insert a 9-volt battery, plug in an ECB-003 power adapter, or plug into a Dunlop DC Brick multi-power supply 9-volt output
- Low pass: 400Hz
- High pass: 1.9KHz - 2.2KHz
- Low pass: 255Hz - 355Hz
- High pass: 1.3KHz -1.5KHz
- Input impedance (wah active): 1mOhm
- Output impedance: <10 kOhms
Maximum input level (boost off): -6dBm at filter's center frequency
- Maximum output level: +8dBm
- Maximum gain (toe down): +16dB
- Maximum gain (heel down): +16dB
- S/N (heel down): >85.5 dBV
- S/N (toe down): >82 dBV
- Bypass configuration: true bypass
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.