- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
Condition 2 - Blemished Regular 888366068816
- Write a Review
- H78231 005000002 H78231005000002
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Maxon RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal has no clipping diodes in the signal path - All distortion comes directly from the dual tri...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) A real-tube pedal for use with clean and semi-clean amps.
The Maxon RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal has no clipping diodes in the signal path - All distortion comes directly from the dual triode preamp tube and hi-gain amp circuit. This design makes the RTO the best tube overdrive pedal for use with clean and semi-clean amps to effectively add a 2nd or 3rd channel of pure tube tone to your rig.
Every aspect of the RTO700 has been re-thought and redesigned to provide a lifetime of trouble-free performance. As soon as power is applied to the pedal, an In-Rush Current control begins heating the tube at a very low voltage (much like a tube amp standby switch) to dramatically extend tube life. When the pedal is engaged, a charge pump circuit bumps incoming voltage to feed the tube with 12.6 VDC.
Unlike other tube overdrive pedals, the RTO700 places the tube AFTER the OD/Distortion circuits, making it the best tube overdrive pedal to recreate an authentic tube-amp tone.
Gain and Master Controls allow the user to dial the amount of distortion and output level. The three Tone controls are completely independent with no frequency overlap, allowing for an unprecedented degree of tonal options. Everything is kept clean and tight via the variable VCA Noise Reduction circuit, which features an LED status indicator and On/Off switch.
The RTO700's Front-Panel Controls are as follows -
GAIN - Controls Gain level.
MASTER - Controls output level allowing user to match effect and bypass levels .
BASS - Controls low frequency range.
MID - Controls middle frequency range.
TREBLE - Controls high frequency range.
NR - Controls amount of Noise Reduction when NR is switched on.
NR On/Off - Turns Noise Reduction on/off.
Like all Maxon products, the RTO700 features True Mechanical Bypass switching using a 3PDT switch. The RTO700 comes complete with the Maxon AC2009 9-Volt power supply, an auto sensing digital power supply that can be used anywhere in the world.
- All tube overdrive and distortion
- Ideal for adding tube tone to clean amps
- In-Rush current control for extended tube life
- Extensive gain and tone controls for maximum sound shaping
- Worldwide power supply is great touring
Add real-tube tone and overdrive to your solid state rig. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.