- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Honey Bee Overdrive Effects Pedal
Condition 1 - Mint
- K48320 004000000 K48320004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The One Control Honey Bee pedal needs no introduction. If you've been a long-time fan of Bjorn Juhl (BJF/BJFe) then you know that this is one of his ...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Get rich, versatile, sought-after crunch tone from your pedalboard.
The One Control Honey Bee pedal needs no introduction. If you've been a long-time fan of Bjorn Juhl (BJF/BJFe) then you know that this is one of his best creations. The Honey Bee Overdrive is renown for its warm overdrive crunch, which is easily adjustable by a twist of a knob. Over the years, there have been several revisions of this sought-after pedal. This version from One Control is the best version yet, as it contains all the revisions and improvements from previous models.
The Honey Bee is an overdrive pedal that resembles a guitar amp that is set to a "crunch" setting. It integrates flawlessly with other effects and distorted amplifiers, giving your overdrive a warm tone. What makes this pedal unique is the ability to change the dynamics so easily. Change from a clean to overdrive tone by simply twisting a knob. No matter what setting you prefer, enjoy the free headroom-ish response, just like your favorite broken-in amplifier.
One Control made it possible to select both Honey Bee OD "versions":
Vintage Mode (Original sounding Honey Bee OD): With a mild and classic overdrive tone, expect a unique high frequency response.
Modern Mode (Revision 2+3+4) is the sound of the current Honey Bee OD. Compared to the Vintage mode, you'll notice an gain increase, especially in the low ends. When Modern mode is selected, the "Nature" control range becomes wider.
The Honey Bee Overdrive's distortion affects the overtones while keeping the core tone intact; realizing both enhanced gain and pure tone simultaneously without physically increasing the gain. For flat strings, mellow tones are obtained. For round strings, a light distortion of a vintage amp will be obtained. The Honey Bee OD can also be used by bassists.
- Vintage / Modern: Switch between the sound of the original Honey Bee Overdrive (Vintage) and the sound of the current version (Modern)
- Volume: Adjust overall volume
- Drive: Strength of the distortion
- Nature: Frequency range control that fine tunes the overall color of your tone. At the counter-clockwise position, the lows and low mids are more predominant. In the clockwise direction, a softer output is obtained.
Call or click to order today!
- Input impedance: 370 K
- Output impedance: 50K
- Drive voltage: 9 V center minus
- Current Consumption: 3 mA
- True-Bypass Switching
- High Quality Aluminum Enclosure
- Dimensions: 1.81 x 4.44 x 2.5 in. (46 x 113 x 64 mm)
- Weight: 0.65 lb. (295g)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.