- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS John Mayer J-MOD 100-Watt Head in Stealth Tube Amplifier
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J50889 000001000 J50889000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The John Mayer J-MOD 100 amplifier was intimately designed by Paul Reed Smith, Doug Sewell, and John Mayer to not only handle Mayer’s live work with ...Click To Read More About This Product
Get stage-ready power and the incredible tone of John Mayer.
The John Mayer J-MOD 100 amplifier was intimately designed by Paul Reed Smith, Doug Sewell, and John Mayer to not only handle Mayer’s live work with Dead & Company, but to also move seamlessly into recording and performing Mayer’s solo work. With a thoughtful control platform, impeccable build, and high-quality components, the John Mayer J-MOD 100 is a fully-realized, high-end piece of audio gear for players who want the purest and most expressive musical experience.
Thoughtful control platform and feature selection
The John Mayer J-MOD 100 amplifier is a single channel amp featuring a switchable gain stage and effects loop. The amp’s tone stack features a beautiful, spread out tone that is at once huge and clear. When the gain stage is kicked in, the amp gets rich in harmonics and delivers a bit more bite. The versatility provided by this setup allows the John Mayer J-MOD 100 to deliver a huge variety of sounds whether using singlecoils or humbuckers.
Additional tone-sculpting features include a bright switch, which adds more high-end to your tone, and a presence control that boosts the high-end in the power amp section of the amplifier, giving you a livelier, more complex tone. There is no reverb built into the John Mayer J-MOD 100, but an effects loop was requested by Mayer for his reverb tanks. The amp’s effects loop (and gain boost) is controlled by the footswitch, so players can use any reverb or effects unit desired with this amp.
Elegant and robust construction
The John Mayer J-MOD 100 amp features five separate boards, all with over-sized traces for tonal integrity. Each board is dedicated to a particular part of the circuit: preamp section, power section, front panel controls, bias jacks, and the effects loop. Not only is this an elegant way to build with fewer long wires extending across a larger board, it is also a more robust way to build as there is not a single, large board that needs to flex during transport. The amp is hand-wired at PRS in Maryland, USA with a truly artistic level of craftsmanship. The John Mayer J-MOD 100 also features a “laydown-style” power transformer for build integrity.
The PRS John Mayer J-MOD 100 pairs hand-crafted construction with top-of-the-line components, including a Cinemag output transformer and high-end capacitors in the preamp section. The result is authentic vintage tone with rich harmonics that sit at the player’s fingertips for a thoroughly expressive and transparent musical experience.
Built with serviceability in mind
Mains fuse, B+ fuse, and bias adjustment jacks are accessible on the back panel of the amp, so changes and adjustments can be made without needing to open up the amplifier. In addition, the amp will accept many different power tubes types, including EL34, 6CA7, KT77 (with re-bias).
- Power: 100W (tube)
- Tubes: four 12AX7 (preamp); four 6L6 (power amp) (can use EL34, 6CA7 or KT77 with re-bias)
- Output transformer: Cinemag Texas 100
- Bias: Fixed (adjustable)
- Channels: Single-Channel with Switchable Gain Stage and Effects Loop
- Impedance: 4, 8, 16 ohms
- Controls: 3-band EQ, volume, gain-stage output, presence, master, bright switch, distortion switch, loop bypass
- Outputs: Two parallel Jacks with 4 and 8 Ohm selector switch, one 16 Ohm jack. (3 total jacks)
- Built-in FX loop
- Dimensions: 26 in. x 10 in. x 10 in.
- Weight: 39.8 lbs.
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.