- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rocktron Gary Hoey Intimidator Guitar Distortion Pedal
- Write a Review
- J15037 000000000 J15037000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
"I'm so proud to have designed this with Rocktron and to make a distortion pedal that will give you the sustain to make your leads sing, and also giv...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Designed by guitarist Gary Hoey to deliver amazing distortion tones with tons of sustain.
"I'm so proud to have designed this with Rocktron and to make a distortion pedal that will give you the sustain to make your leads sing, and also give you the clarity to cut though the band or mix." - Gary Hoey.
Rocktron has producued many pedals in its day, but nothing quite like Gary's Intimidator. From his choice of a camo look, to the internal components that deliver the goods, this pedal belongs on your pedal board. Control knobs include LEVEL, which controls the ouput volume, BASS to control the bass level and TREBLE to control the treble level settings. GAIN controls the amount of gain and PUNISH controls the distortion waveform symmetry and definition. The footswitch controls On/Off status (indicated by the LED).
Gary writes that "the Intimidator is a very powerful distortion, so start with the gain and level below half way and bring up to taste. The treble control is "bright" depending on the amp you use. If you use a clean amp then you will add more gain, and less treble, and for a high gain amp you will need less gain." Explaining the PUNISH control, Gary states, "the PUNISH control can add a nice mid range thickness and round out the sound. Make sure you bend down and listen to what's coming out of the speaker to hear what your audience is hearing. Also try some of my setting that I've included in this manual." The included instruction manual shows various settings such as "Blues Low Gain Amp", "Metal Rules High Gain Amp", "Gary Hoey Favorite Main Lead" and more.
The Gary Hoey Intimidator can be powered with a 9V Alkaline battery. To save on batteries, The Intimidator Distortion pedal can also be used with the Rocktron DC OnTap Universal Power Supply (sold separately). The Rocktron DC OnTap provides constant flow of power to the pedal, unlike a battery that can degrade over time.
- Maximum Input: 8dBu
- Maximum Output: 8dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MÎ
- Output Impedance: 1KÎ
- Current Consumption: 18mA
- Power Requirements: 9V Alkaline Battery or Rocktron DC OnTap Univeral Power Supply (sold seperately)-negative tip
- Dimensions: 95mm x 122mm x 56mm, 3.75" x 4.75" x 2.25"
- Weight: 410g, 14.46 oz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.