- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland V-Guitar Space Guitar Effects Pedal
- Product H92772
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the all-new V-Guitar pedals, guitarists can now enjoy the immense benefits of Roland's GK processing-the powerful technology behind the GR-55 Gu...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
GK power in a twin pedal stompbox.
With the all-new V-Guitar pedals, guitarists can now enjoy the immense benefits of Roland's GK processing-the powerful technology behind the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer and VG-99 V-Guitar System-right on their pedal boards. The GR-S V-Guitar Space features independent processing for each guitar string, giving you four amazing tones that transport your axe to a new dimension of sound, including Crystal, Rich Modulation, Slow Pad, and the multi-string emulation of Brilliant Clean. Housed in the popular Twin Pedal format and equipped with connections for easy integration with amps, stomps, multi-effects, and other V-Guitar devices, the GR-S delivers out-of-this-world sounds that can only be achieved with GK processing.
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
The GR-S V-Guitar Space joins Roland's acclaimed V-Guitar family, which also includes the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer and VG-99 V-Guitar System. The convenient stompbox format of the GR-S allows players with traditional setups to experience the incredible sound potential available with GK processing. When used with an optional US-20 Unit Selector, the GR-S also gives current GR and VG users new sounds for their existing rig.
UNLOCK ALL-NEW SOUNDS WITH GK PROCESSING
The GR-S features a 13-pin input for use with a guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup or a GK-equipped instrument such as the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster. Unlike standard monophonic guitar pickups, the Roland GK pickup senses and isolates each individual string, sending them as six discrete signals to a 13-pin jack. When connected to a GK device like the GR-S pedal, each string can be processed individually, opening up a universe of sound possibilities that are impossible with a normal 1/4-inch guitar output.
AMAZING TONES TO EXPAND YOUR SOUND PALETTE
With the GR-S, you have four incredible tones that launch your guitar into an entirely new sound space. Crystal delivers shimmering, transparent sounds and icy bell textures, while Rich Modulation provides an incredibly spacious multi-channel chorus sound powered by independent GK string processing. Slow Pad offers a warm synth-pad sound with variable attack for dreamy full-chord swells that are impossible with a mono input. And with Brilliant Clean, you can add virtual strings to your axe, adjustable from 12 to 18 strings with the COLOR knob!
TWEAK, STORE, AND FREEZE YOUR SOUNDS
Like a normal stompbox, the GR-S features simple controls that are quick and intuitive to use, but behind their simplicity is an enormous range of sound-shaping potential. When you turn the COLOR and TONE knobs, you're actually tweaking multiple under-the-hood parameters specifically tailored to each sound type, so you can achieve substantial tonal shifts even with small changes. Four memory locations let you store your favorite sounds, with quick recall via the control switches on your GK-equipped guitar. A Freeze function, accessible with one of the pedal's two footswitches, lets you hold sounds indefinitely for lead backing and expressive effects.
EASY INTEGRATION WITH ANY RIG
The GR-S offers a multitude of connections for integrating with different rigs, including pedal boards, multi-effects setups, racks, mixers, and other V-Guitar devices. A dual MIX/GUITAR INPUT allows you to connect devices and blend them with the GR-S sound, with the combined mix sent to the pedal's mono/stereo output. The 13-pin GK output carries the guitar's normal pickup signal as well, and controls on the GK-equipped guitar allow you to blend the GK and normal sounds right from your instrument. A dedicated GUITAR OUTPUT jack on the GR-S lets you connect the normal guitar sound directly to an amp or effects with no GK processing applied. It can also be used in conjunction with the MIX/GUITAR INPUT to create a send/return loop for your normal effects chain.
GK-READY GUITARS AND OPTIONS
With its built-in GK pickup and 13-pin output, Roland's popular GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster is a perfect fit for the GR-S, and there are GK-equipped guitars available from many other manufacturers as well. Roland also offers the GK-3 Divided Pickup, allowing you to easily add GK compatibility to your favorite guitar with no modification.
- Roland's powerful V-Guitar technology in a Twin Pedal stompbox
- Super-spacious tones and multi-string emulation only possible with GK processing
- Crystal, Rich Modulation, Slow Pad, and Brilliant Clean sounds, with real-time DSP for latency-free performance
- Ultra-responsive COLOR and TONE knobs for sound shaping
- Expressive Freeze function holds the current sound for lead backing and sound FX
- 13-pin GK input; designed for use with the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster, GK-3 Divided Pickup, and all GK-equipped guitars
- Flexible connections for easy integration with amps, pedals, and multi-effects
- Four user memories, with remote selection from GK-equipped guitar
Add it to your pedal board today!
- Nominal Input Level: MIX INPUT ” -10 dBu, GUITAR INPUT ” -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIX INPUT ” 1 M ohm, GUITAR INPUT ” 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT ” -20 dBu, GUITAR OUTPUT ” -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT ” 2 k ohms, GUITAR OUTPUT ” 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: ON/OFF pedal, FREEZE pedal, TYPE buttons, COLOR knob, TONE knob, LEVEL knob, SELECT button, WRITE button, OUTPUT SELECT switch
- Indicators: POWER indicator (serves also as battery check indicator), ON/OFF indicator, FREEZE indicator
- Connectors: MIX/GUITAR INPUT (R, L/MONO) jacks, GK IN connector, GUITAR OUTPUT jack, OUTPUT (R, L/MONO) jacks, DC IN jack
- Memory: 4
- Type: CRYSTAL, RICH MODULATION, SLOW PAD, BRILLIANT CLEAN
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 200 mA (9 V, when used with GK-3)
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline battery: Approx. 7 hours, Carbon-zinc battery: Approx. 2 hours. These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information), Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 6-13/16" x 2-1/4" x 6-1/4"
- Weight: 2lb. 11 oz.