- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 v2 SansAmp and Multi-Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L49020 000000000 L49020000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The original Tech 21 Fly Rig, introduced in 2014, was a true game-changer for players in all categories, from touring pros to bedroom hobbyists. At a...Click To Read More About This Product
Travel light with amazing tone in this updated, expanded Fly Rig.
The original Tech 21 Fly Rig, introduced in 2014, was a true game-changer for players in all categories, from touring pros to bedroom hobbyists. At a time when pedalboards were expanding and backs were breaking, the innovative Fly Rig enabled players to slim down without sacrificing great tone, and travel without fear of baggage surcharges and dreaded mystery backlines.
The Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 v2 retains the same SansAmp heart, Plexi/Cali distortion and Delay, but adds a few twists and turns within these sections. New features include an independent reverb with choice of eadphone capability and an XLR Output.
It has the tonality of the Blonde Character Series pedal. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level and Drive controls. To dirty things up, you have the flexibility of using the Drive control, the Boost function, or you can add grit from the Plexi/Cali section — or all three. Each method achieves different tones. The all-analog SansAmp technology enables the Fly Rig 5 to run directly into mixers of recording desks and PA systems, as well as augment your existing amplifier set-up.
It provides the dirtier side of the Fly Rig 5. You have a choice of a roaring Plexi tone with its muscular crunch, detailed mids and mule-kick low end or the chunk of a '70s high gain amp tone inspired by the then-boutique shop over on the West Coast.
Switchable Pre/Post Boost up to approx 12dB to beef up drive and distortion or increase the overall volume to punch up fills and solos.
Delay with Tap Tempo
Voiced for the sounds of a vintage tape echo, with Time and Repeats controls. The Delay includes a switch to change from 1/4-notes to dotted 8ths. A Drift button adds a random, unpredictable element to the modulation in keeping with its vintage roots.
Independent footswitchable reverb with choice of large and small “room sizes.”
Post-SansAmp, pre-effects to patch in external effect pedals.
Chromatic Tuner, operable via the BLONDE/TUNER footswitch. You simply hold the footswitch down to engage, which simultaneously mutes the signal path.
Call or click to order today!
- 1/4-inch 1megOhm input
- XLR output with ground lift
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V-
- 240V, 200mA. Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New
- Zealand for use anywhere in the world.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.