- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tech 21 RK5 v2 Richie Kotzen Signature Fly Rig SansAmp Multi-Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L49019 000000000 L49019000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Since the debut of the original RK5 in 2014, Richie’s needs have changed, both on and off the road. Therefore, Tech 21 developed a version 2 to incor...Click To Read More About This Product
Harness Richie Kotzen's signature tone right at your feet with this updated multi-effects SansAmp.
Since the debut of the original RK5 in 2014, Richie’s needs have changed, both on and off the road. Therefore, Tech 21 developed a version 2 to incorporate some new features and follow the same form factor as later Fly Rigs. In addition to incorporating effects, new to this version is an on/off button for the SansAmp section. Richie previously would use his RK5 both with and without the SansAmp engaged. Currently, it’s either on or off during stage shows, so he no longer needs a dedicated footswitch.
Focuses on cleaner tones within the tube amplifier sound spectrum. To dirty things up, you have the flexibility of using the Drive control, the Boost function, or you can add overdrive from the OMG section. Or all three. Each method achieves different tones. The all-analog SansAmp technology enables the RK5 to run directly into mixers of recording desks and PA systems, as well as augment your existing amplifier set-up.
Boost + Compression
Independent pre-Boost for solos, up to approx 12dB.
A COMP Switch engages old school, all-analog, FET-based technology from the ‘50s and ‘60s, which is inherently warmer, more transparent and more musical than other methods of compression.
OMG Overdrive + Fuzz
Based upon the Richie Kotzen Signature OMG pedal, which provides a wide range of overdrive, from clean to aggressive. You can add personality to a clean amp or use it for extra punch with a dirty amp tone. A FUZZ switch changes the character and attack of the overdrive to a fuzz-style tone, making it thicker and woolier.
Independent footswitchable reverb with choice of large and small “room sizes.”
DELAY + Roto with Tap Tempo
Voiced for the sounds of a vintage tape echo, it features Time and Repeats controls and dedicated Tap Tempo footswitch. A Drift control adds a random, unpredictable element to the modulation.
A ROTO switch changes the Delay function into a rotating speaker effect and the Tap Tempo then controls the speed. It ramps up from slow to fast gradually. Drift then controls the distance of the virtual mic to the rotating speaker. At maximum, it adds a tremolo-like effect by modulating the volume in sync with the tonal modulation.
Chromatic Tuner, operable via the REVERB/TUNER footswitch. You simply hold the footswitch down to engage, which simultaneously mutes the signal path.
Call or click to order today!
- 1/4-inch 1megOhm input
- XLR output with ground lift
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Headphone button switches the 1/4” output into headphone mode
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V-
- 240V, 200mA
- Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New
- Zealand for use anywhere in the world
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.