Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Valvetronix amp modeling and a real power tube sounds and feels like a real amp!
VOX Valve Reactor circuit delivers true tube sound
The power amp section on the ToneLab range features patented VOX Valve Reactor circuitry that was introduced in Valvetronix amplifiers. This unique technology enables ToneLab to provide the sound, feel and dynamic range that, until now, were only possible with all-tube amplifiers. The Valve Reactor circuit uses a 12AX7/ECC83 dual triode vacuum tube, a virtual output transformer and a dummy speaker circuit that simulates impedance changes of a real speaker. In other words, though the output power (level) is low, it has the same power amp circuit as an actual full-tube amp, and faithfully reproduces the response of the power amp circuits of the original amp that is being modeled. It reconfigures itself so that its characteristics are the same as the amp it's modeling (class A, class AB, negative feedback circuit, etc.) This means that all of the nuances of the original amp model including sound, feel, distortion and presence are reproduced.
Sophisticated modeling technology
Starting with VOX's own AC30, the 16 types of historic amp sounds in ToneLab range from hard-to-obtain vintage amps to costly high-end amps. From clean sounds to extreme high-gain distortion, these models cover a wide range of tonal possibilities. Cabinet modeling reproduces the acoustical character of 10 different types of cabinet shapes and speaker types. Even when you use the line output for direct recording, ToneLab delivers a superb sense of spatial realism and depth.
22 amazing built-in effects
Each one of the 22 effects in ToneLab is a carefully crafted model of one of a variety of sought-after classic and popular effects. These are organized into categories of Drive, Modulation, Delay, and Reverb, and deliver quality that rivals standalone units. From standard effects such as compressor, overdrive, chorus, and tremolo, to effects like rotary speaker, acoustic simulator, tape echo, and auto wah, this single unit is all you need to create a rich variety of effect sounds.
96 different programs
A combination of amps, cabinets, and effects can be set up as one of 96 programs, so you can recall all your favorite settings instantly. The 48 preset programs cover a wide range of sounds, and let you start experiencing ToneLab's amazing sound right away.
All the right ins and outs
Perfect for recording and live performance, ToneLab includes everything you need for killer guitar sound. The LINE/AMP switch lets you send the ideal signal to any connected device, so you can enjoy the ToneLab's real tube sound whether it is connected directly to a mixer or MTR for direct line recording or to another amp for live performance on stag. The headphone out is just what you need for late-night practicing. Of course, ToneLab's digital output is indispensable for recording in a digital environment.
Heavy-duty looks and intuitive knob-based operation
The design of both ToneLab and ToneLab SE complements its superior features, with heavy-duty metal construction and control knobs that make operation easy and intuitive. Program names, parameter values, and original values are displayed in the LCD screen, which is backlit for excellent visibility. Valve icons show the number and model of the power tubes used in the original amp being modeled.
Dedicated editor software for even more detailed editing
Dedicated editor software for ToneLab is provided, and also can be downloaded from Vox's website. This software enables you to tweak sounds far beyond the front panel. parameters. The software also lets you manage an unlimited number of programs.
You can use an optional VC-4 footcontroller for ToneLab to switch programs, control the volume or effect parameters, switch effects on/off, set the delay time, or access the tuner ” a great convenience for live performances.
- VOX Valve Reactor (using a 12AX7/ECC83 dual triode as a power amp tube) circuit delivers the sound and feel of actual tube power amps
- 16 amp models ranging from vintage classics to modern "boutique" standards
- 10 cabinet models add even more variety and authenticity
- 22 modeled effects with quality that rivals standalone units
- Heavy-duty construction
- Familiar knob-based interface for ease of use
- 96 programs - 48 preset, 48 user
- Headphone output
- S/PDIF I/O digital recording
- Dedicated editor software for even more detailed editing
- MIDI I/O
- Optional Valvetronix series foot controller for even more performance possibilities
- Backlit LCD with easily viewed LED-like display
ToneLab Amp Modeler Specifications:
- Amp Models: 16 types
- Cabinet Models: 10 types
- Effects: 22 types (Drive: 10 types, Modulation: 5 types, Delay: 3 types, Reverb: 3 types
- Noise Reduction: 1 type)
- Programs: 96 (24 Bank x 4 Channel)
- In/Outputs: Guitar Input, 2 x Output (1/4" Phone Jack), 1 x Digital Out (S/PDIF) , 1 x VOX Bus, 1 x Headphone Out , MIDI IN/OUT
- Tuner Measurement Range: 27.5 Hz-2,093 Hz (A0-C7)
- Calibration: A = 438-445 Hz
- Signal Processing: A/D Conversion 20 bit, D/A Conversion 20 bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1kHz
- Accessories: AC/AC Power Supply
- Options: VC-4 VOX Footcontroller
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.