- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Vox V846HW Hand-Wired Wah Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H80037 000000000 H80037000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The legendary V846 is back, and it's better than ever. Introducing the V846-HW, a wah pedal for the tone enthusiast, featuring hand-wired turret boar...Click To Read More About This Product
A new generation of wah that's true to the original sound and then some
The legendary V846 is back, and it's better than ever. Introducing the V846-HW, a wah pedal for the tone enthusiast, featuring hand-wired turret board construction and premium components.
VOX created their first wah wah pedal back in the 1960s and guitarists from around the world rushed to embrace it. Now in 2011, the V846 has been reborn as the VOX V846-HW Hand-Wired Wah Wah Pedal. While its classic tone is undeniable, VOX's V846-HW writes new chapters in the wah book of sound. As its name implies, the V846 Hand Wired boasts hand-wired turret board construction. Every component, including the inductors, resistors, capacitors, and the potentiometer has been carefully selected for premium fidelity and tone, a tone-preserving true bypass was even added to the original design. Outside, the die-cast body features a sandblasted exterior with crepe finish. The V846-HW is a perfect combination of VOX's world-famous technology, with classical yet modern specifications.
Hand Wired Artistry
The hand-wired turret board construction of the V846-HW requires a high level of craftsmanship, technical skill, and precise manual assembly. Labor intensive, this hand-wiring artistry creates an ideal and efficient signal path. Responding to every nuance of the guitarist's touch.
Designed as a premier pedal for the tone purist, the V846-HW provides a true bypass circuit to meet the needs of today's guitarist. Any coloration of the sound or loss in audio quality when the wah function is off has been totally removed.
Vintage-Spec Inductor; Smooth Potentiometer
The VOX V846-HW Hand-Wired Wah Wah pedal uses a specially-voiced vintage-spec Halo type inductor. The carefully selected magnetic core material and winding ensures a perfect reproduction of the original V846's wah sound. The potentiometer features a distinctive response and is sealed for durability. Thanks to a remarkably smooth curve, the region at the very beginning of the pedal's travel - a region difficult for conventional wah pedals - is assured sensitive response with an unprecedentedly fine degree of control.
Carbon composite resistors (made by KAMAYA ELECTRIC CO., LTD) are used for their extremely low noise and uncolored sound. The high-quality footswitch made by Carling Technologies, was selected for both its reliability and its good feel underfoot. The Switchcraft jacks used are well-known and trusted for their sturdy bushings, simple construction and high reliability. These carefully selected components come together in the amazing VOX V846-HW Hand Wired Wah Wah.
- Hand-wired turret board construction; premium components used throughout
- Vintage-spec Halo type inductor; precise control potentiometer; Switchcraft jacks
- Low-noise carbon composite resistors; polyester film capacitors; Carling switch
- Tone-preserving true-bypass circuit
- Die-cast aluminum body; soft case included; Optional AC power
Get the classic wah sound today
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.