- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Wampler Paisley Drive Overdrive Pedal
- Write a Review
- J47740 000000000 J47740000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
After a few years of using Wampler pedals (Ego, Underdog and Faux Analog Echo) Brad’s tech mentioned to Brian that Brad wasn’t 100% content with his ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A custom designed overdrive built to the exacting specifications of Brad Paisley himself.
After a few years of using Wampler pedals (Ego, Underdog and Faux Analog Echo) Brad’s tech mentioned to Brian that Brad wasn’t 100% content with his tone and maybe Wampler should work together with Brad to make the perfect overdrive to record and tour with.
Paisley’s requirements were quite “simple”. It needs to be clean but get crunchy with some “beef” to it. It needs to have a fluid tone when soloing. It needs to add a little hair to the tone but then but then has to be able to give flat out ball busting gain, oh… but please do not wreck the tonality. It needs to have everything, in a pedal format, but do not make it sound like a pedal.
Over a period of months, Brian made some circuits and sent them off, there were a couple of “tweaks” here and there to be made and then finally, when official “prototype #2.0” landed, it went straight into the live rack and out on the 2010 “Brad Paisley: H20” world tour.
The truly great thing about this pedal is that it’s not only Telecaster style guitars that it works so well with, it brings the best out of your Strat or anything loaded with humbuckers. You no longer need to have individual pedals for your guitars; the Paisley Drive will make each one sing.
The built in tonal controls, the presence and mid contour switches (giving three completely different EQ styles – warm mids, neutral, and a more mid scooped character, will make this pedal one of the most versatile and complete overdrive pedal you have ever owned.
“…we actually recorded this (pedal) in the studio, you know, trying it out. I turned up a Trainwreck Amp that I’ve got and compared the sound of the distortion and it was very, very similar. And that’s a very good test because any time a pedal can mimic a great overdriven amp then you’re on to something…”
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Two switches – Presence and Mid Contour.
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9 V power jack
- Power draw: between 9mA (9 V) and 17mA (18 V)
- Exact same pedal used by Brad Paisley live and in the studio
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 in. size (63.5 mm x 114.3 mm x 38.1 mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.