- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ZVex Vextron Series Mastotron Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 620301 000004000 620301000004000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ZVex Mastotron Effects Pedal, another in the Vextron series, is a heavy silicon-based fuzz pedal with a lot of controls-volume, tone, pulse width...Click To Read More About This Product
Get blistering hot fuzz with this raging pedal.
The ZVex Mastotron Effects Pedal, another in the Vextron series, is a heavy silicon-based fuzz pedal with a lot of controls-volume, tone, pulse width, fuzz, and relax/push. The relax/push controls the input impedance to the pedal. The guitar effects pedal knobs let you adjust for quieter pickups, or softer guitars, and turn it towards the relax setting as you put in active pickups, and turn it all the way to the relax setting for special effects and for line-level signals if you are re-amping a bass off a recorded track. The Mastotron's fuzz control is a wide control over the fuzz depth. Pulse width control goes from a narrow pulse all the way to a nearly square wave pulse. The tone control shaves off the high end. A sub switch lets you set how many subs you have with a "2-1-3" arrangement while the dedicated volume knob controls how loud the guitar pedal gets.
Plug your guitar (or any effect's output) into the input jack. Plug the output into an amp or other effect's input. Set the amp for a warm clean tone on bypass. Turn on the pedal and rock out. Using a guitar or bass, turn the Relax/Push knob down a bit if you need to until the fuzz sounds immediate and tight. Turn the Vextron Mastotron's fuzz control until you're happy, and set the PW to square (counter-clockwise). Adjust the tone for the treble amount you want, and use the sub switch on 3 for full heavy subs for bass or 2 if the subs are overloading your amp.
Set your amp on your favorite clean tone for the most blistering results, while a distorted sound can be very cool as well. Play it into your favorite distortion pedals or direct into the amp for different textures. Try putting weird effects into the ZVex Mastotron pedal and adjust the Relax/Push knob for best interfacing.
If the performance of your fuzz pedal seems diminished or the LED becomes very dim, it's time to change your battery. Remove the four screws on the bottom of the effect pedal and carefully remove and replace the old battery, putting it back exactly in the center of the pedal on edge so that it is gripped tightly by the lid when it is screwed back in place.
- Relax/Push knob
- Fuzz knob
- Pulse width control
- Tone control
- Output volume control
- Subs switch: "2-1-3" Lets you set how much sub content is in your fuzz. It's pretty dramatic”3 is huge, 2 is medium, and 1 is absolutely none left.
Plug it in and get your fuzz on. Order now.
- Uses one 9V battery (preferably alkaline, but the unit is shipped with a carbon-zinc battery.)
- A DC power jack (standard Boss configuration with center negative) is provided on the side of the pedal.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.