- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez Artist Series ABT60 Baritone Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H78608 000001000 H78608000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Alvarez has been making the YB1 Alvarez-Yairi Baritone for years and its popular has remained strong throughout its run. Now they've added the Artist...Click To Read More About This Product
An affordable baritone with a hand-selected solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and powerful tone.
Alvarez has been making the YB1 Alvarez-Yairi Baritone for years and its popular has remained strong throughout its run. Now they've added the Artist Series ABT60 Baritone Guitar, a modern baritone that will surely blow you away. The ABT60 is a member of the Alvarez Artist '60 Series. Alvarez was careful to get the construction just right to allow this series to sing, and deliver a player experience that's exceptional for a mid-price instrument.
The term "solid top" refers to the soundboard of an acoustic guitar being made of solid wood, rather than being laminated. However, just because the top is solid, it doesn't necessarily mean the sound automatically benefits from this feature. The tone of the instrument only improves significantly when the whole guitar is built correctly to really release the energy a solid soundboard can generate. The Artist Series is built to do exactly this.
Each model is designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together to produce a tone and player experience, rarely found in affordable instruments.
The sound is warm, open and powerful, and both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other. These guitars feel right and are exciting to play and responsive.
The solid "A" grade Sitka spruce tops are hand selected from quarter-sawn wood. This ensures consistent quality, and its no secret better guitars are made from better wood. These tops not only look great but they are stiff and strong and finely grained. This allows them to be cut just that tiny bit thinner, which lets them dance a little more and produce a lot more vibration, and ultimately a richer tone.
All of the components are made of natural materials such as mother of pearl and abalone inlays, real bone saddles and nuts and rosewood appointments.
Case sold separately.
- Baritone Acoustic Guitar
- Hand selected, "A" grade, solid Sitka spruce top
- Hand sanded, scalloped bracing
- Mahogany back and sides
- Alvarez bi-level rosewood bridge
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Premium, high gloss finish
- Dovetail neck joint
- Real bone nut and saddle
- Paua abalone and mother of pearl inlays
- Premium die cast chrome tuners
- ABS binding
- D'Addario EXP's
- Case sold separately
Add some acoustic low end to your music with this powerful baritone guitar. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.