- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ESP E-II BTL-5 Electric Bass
Transparent Black Sunburst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L35263 000001000 L35263000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Formerly called “ESP Standard”, all ESP E-II instruments are created at the ESP factory in Tokyo, Japan, and are designed for professional players wh...Click To Read More About This Product
Exceptional feel, tone and control.
Formerly called “ESP Standard”, all ESP E-II instruments are created at the ESP factory in Tokyo, Japan, and are designed for professional players who accept no compromises in tone, feel, or reliability for their guitars and basses.
The new BTL Series basses (available in the 4-string BTL-4 and the 5-string BTL-5) offers a set of extraordinarily flexible tools for sculpting the perfect tones for any genre of music.
Available in an outstanding Black Natural Burst finish over an alder body with spalted maple top, the BTL basses offer a sonic signature powered by a Seymour Duncan SSB passive pickup set that’s paired with ESP’s own high-end active 3-band Cinnamon EQ system.
The extraordinary versatility of the bass’s controls (volume with push-pull preamp bypass as well as balance and discrete controls for bass, midrange, and treble frequencies) allows you to use this bass for any gig, in any style.
High-end component include a Schaller straplock, Gotoh tuners, a Hipshot A style bridge, and a bone nut. Includes ESP hardshell form-fitting case.
- Alder body with spalted maple top
- Bolt-on 3-piece maple neck with ebony fingerboard
- Dual Seymour Duncan SSB pickups with 3-band EQ and 'Bypass Switch'
- Hipshot A style bridge and Gotoh die-cast tuners
Stand up and stand out on stage. Order today.
- Shape: Thin U
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: SSB-5n
- Bridge: SSB-5b
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.81" (46 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume with push-pull bypass, pan/blend, treble, mid, bass
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Hipshot A Style
- Tuning machines: Gotoh die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.