- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop 60 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72798 000001000 L72798000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fender Custom Shop 1960 Jazz Bass is appreciated for its warm, engaging swing in the neck position and its throaty, present definition in the bri...Click To Read More About This Product
An authentic recreation of Leo's masterpiece.
The Fender Custom Shop 1960 Jazz Bass is appreciated for its warm, engaging swing in the neck position and its throaty, present definition in the bridge position. This faithful replication of the 1960 Jazz captures both of those voices perfectly, and does so in an instrument that invokes the spirit of the innovators who first explored the potential vocabulary of the Jazz Bass, and even the mysteries of time itself.
The sculpted 2-piece alder body and heavy-relic lacquer finish adds the finishing touch in giving this beautiful bass a vibe all its own. Additional details include the slender neck and comfortable "U" neck shape, a quartersawn maple neck and rosewood fretboard, and a four-ply tortoise pickguard. The electronics are likewise faithful to the 1960 original with handwound pickups and concentric controls. It's a masterpiece, truly an elegant instrument.
Includes hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity.
- 2-piece alder body with Journeyman relic lacquer finish
- Tinted quartersawn maple neck with '60 Jazz Bass U profile
- Dual Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz single-coil pickups
- Vintage-Style Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles, open-gear tuners
Own this spectacular bass. Order today.
- Shape: '60 Jazz Bass U
- Wood: Tinted quartersawn maple
- Neck joint: 4-Bolt
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Active or passive: Passive
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz single-coil
- Bridge: Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Style: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: 2-Piece Alder
- Body finish: Heavy Relic Lacquer Finish
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone, Concentric Stacked Knobs
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Vintage-Style Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.