- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Flea Jazz Bass Active Maple Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L40759 000001000 L40759000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
It takes a bass of unusual power to keep up with Red Hot Chili Peppers’ bassist Flea’s hyperkinetic playing style—a bass like the thunderous Flea Jaz...Click To Read More About This Product
Perfect for pounding a stadium with the power of funk.
It takes a bass of unusual power to keep up with Red Hot Chili Peppers’ bassist Flea’s hyperkinetic playing style—a bass like the thunderous Flea Jazz Bass Active. Sporting a custom-shaped Jazz Bass body and a hot Fender humbucking pickup mated to an Aguilar OBP-1 18-volt preamp, this bass cranks out massive output, perfect for pounding a stadium with the power of funk.
The rock-solid quartersawn maple neck sports a comfortable “C”-shaped profile that works well for any playing style; the custom-carved heel makes it effortless to access the upper register. The fast-playing 12-16” compound-radius fingerboard sports 22 medium jumbo frets and a bone nut for enhanced tuning stability.
Other features include a 4-saddle HiMass bridge for enhanced sustain, vintage-style disc string tree, lightweight vintage-style tuning machines with tapered shafts and 5-bolt asymmetrical neck plate with custom Flea artwork. Includes vintage-style G&G hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity.
Get power and playability in one signature bass. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: H
- Bridge: Custom
- Brand: Fender
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12-16"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 2-band EQ
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable HiMass
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style with tapered shafts
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Signature model
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.