- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Electric Bass
Faded Daphne Blue
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K36098 000001000 K36098000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Known as a true renaissance man of the modern music scene, Justin Meldal-Johnsen’s bass credits include Beck, Nine Inch Nails, Drake and more. His pr...Click To Read More About This Product
Get the low-end tone from some of today's biggest acts.
Known as a true renaissance man of the modern music scene, Justin Meldal-Johnsen’s bass credits include Beck, Nine Inch Nails, Drake and more. His production credits include Jimmy Eat World, Paramour and M83, among others. JMJ is a shining example of today’s breed of multi-genre musician/producers, ever pushing boundaries and inspiring others.
From studio to stage, Justin’s treasured ’67 Mustang Bass is his tool of choice. Fender teamed up with him to create a signature 4-string modeled after his vintage Daphne Blue instrument—the Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass. Powered by a custom-spec split-coil pickup, the JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass is perfect for laying down punchy basslines with plenty of Fender mojo.
The 30” scale gives it a tight, focused tone while the modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard with rolled edges offers a familiar feel that will make any bassist feel right at home. Designed for comfort and speed, this bass also has stage-ready style. From the nicks and picks scratches on the body to the worn-in feel of the neck to the aged hardware, this bass shows the marks of an instrument that has earned its stripes out on the road.
Check out the unique tone and amazing feel of the Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass.
Call or click to order today!
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: S
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Split single-coil
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Series or parallel: Info not available
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Info not available
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5" (38.5mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Info not available
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Standard
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.