- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson SG Standard Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L54599
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Gibson's SG Standard Bass has the legendary looks, sound and feel that made it one of Gibson's most iconic basses. The short scale length is actually...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Iconic short scale Gibson bass with comfortable neck design and solid pickup combo.
Gibson's SG Standard Bass has the legendary looks, sound and feel that made it one of Gibson's most iconic basses. The short scale length is actually a big part of sound. While the short scale length of the SG Standard electric bass is preferred by smaller players, it's also preferred by many for the strong fundamental tone for which this short scale bass is known. As expected, the solid mahogany body has deeply sculpted scarfing and the rounded profile mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard feel familiar and comfortable. A pair of calibrated SG bass pickups (neck and bridge) with individual volume and master tone controls add further tonal possibilities.
The SG Standard comes with a hardshell case.
Choose Heritage Cherry or Ebony finish.
Become an SG owner. You'll be in really good company. Order today.
- Mahogany body
- Mahogany neck
- Rounded neck profile
- 1.6" nut width
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 30.5" scale length
- Acrylic trapezoid inlay
- 3-point adjustable bridge
- Black Tophat knobs with silver inserts
- Grover shamrock tuners
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Rhythm SG bass neck pickup
- Lead SG bass bridge pickup
- 2 volume controls
- 1 master tone controls
- Hardshell case included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.