- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Thunderbird Bass 2019
Heritage Cherry Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L34938 000002000 L34938000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Gibson Thunderbird IV bass joined Gibson's distinguished lineup shortly after its introduction in 1963. The Thunderbird's unique reversed zig-za...Click To Read More About This Product
Gibson's most recognizable bass.
The Gibson Thunderbird IV bass joined Gibson's distinguished lineup shortly after its introduction in 1963. The Thunderbird's unique reversed zig-zag body design and equally distinct headstock was the brainchild of legendary automotive designer and visionary Ray Dietrich, enlisted by Gibson to bolster the guitar lines of the early '60s and help solidify the company's eminent rank among solidbody electric guitar manufacturers.
This limited edition Thunderbird 4-string with its "thunderous sound” is still a benchmark of innovation, functionality, and style, and continues to symbolize Gibson's drive to achieve creative excellence.
The 2019 model features solid mahogany body and wings, 9-ply multi-laminate mahogany/walnut neck, rosewood fingerboard, black tophat knobs with silver inserts knobs, extra large strap button, Tektoid nut, 34" scale, T-Bird pickups, black chrome hardware and 3-point adjustable bridge. Includes hardshell case.
- Distinctive mahogany winged body with special sunburst finish
- 9-ply mahogany/walnut neck with rosewood fingerboard
- Dual T-Bird pickups with individual volume and master tone controls
- 3-position, adjustable bridge and Grover tuners
Feel the power. Order today.
- Shape: Rounded
- Wood: Mahogany with walnut
- Neck joint: Set
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Rhythm T-Bird:
- Bridge: Lead T-Bird
- Brand: Gibson
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Tektoid
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 3-point adjustable
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Color: Black/chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Black hardware and finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.