- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hofner H500/2 Club Bass LTD
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 511782 000391000 511782000391000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, ...Click To Read More About This Product
A classic Hofner hollowbody with legendary tone.
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone. Players love it for its playing ease and its tone--one of the smoothest, sweetest sounds in all of bassland.
Because the original became so scarce and expensive, popular demand compelled Hofner to re-create the Club Bass 500/2. Now this LTD version of the 500/2 offers the same instrument with changes that make it even closer to the original. The pickups have been repositioned to the original spacing for truer vintage tone and a hand-applied dark violin varnish gives it a more vintage vibe. Includes case.
- Select German spruce top, back, and sides from flamed maple
- Maple-beech-maple neck
- 30" scale length
- 22-fret bound rosewood fretboard
- Zero fret
- Mother-of-pearl dots
- Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
- Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable saddles
- Hofner 62/30 trapeze brass tailpiece
- Hofner 65/CB-P floating celluloid pearl pickguard
- 2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbuckers with Cavern-era spacing
- Hofner A2-B control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Hand-applied dark violin varnish finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Includes case
The Hofner H500/2 replicates the legendary Club Bass of the '60s. Order today and play a classic.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.