- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez Bass Workshop BTB846V 6-String Electric Bass
Antique Brown Stained Low Gloss
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L19466 000001000 L19466000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The mission of the Ibanez Bass Workshop is to pioneer new frontiers in bass development by pushing the boundaries of conventional designs. The impetu...Click To Read More About This Product
Extreme tonal diversity.
The mission of the Ibanez Bass Workshop is to pioneer new frontiers in bass development by pushing the boundaries of conventional designs. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from the desire of the Ibanez bass development group to satisfy the specific needs of a very particular player and to hopefully inspire new vistas of creativity.
Designed for players looking to explore the upper region of the fretboard, the BTB846V is a 6-string bass tuned from B to C on a 33 in.-scale neck.
Another innovative feature of the BTB846 is the inclusion of a height adjustable Poplar burl Finger Ramp. The ramp prevents players from digging in too hard when plucking finger-style and encourages a lighter playing technique, which helps promote a broader dynamic range and better tone. It also acts as a thumb rest that provides access to a wider plucking area, allowing players to explore more tonal options by varying the distance of their hand from the bridge.
The BTB846 includes a Mahogany with a Poplar burl/Ash top, the neck sports a Jatoba fingerboard with Abalone inlays and a Mono-Rail VS bridge provides optimum adjustment for superior intonation. Electronics feature the excellent tone of Bartolini BH2 pickups through an Ibanez 3-band EQ with a mid frequency selector switch for advanced tone control. Case sold separately.
- Shape: BTB6
- Wood: Maple with walnut
- Neck joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 33 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Humbucker
- Brand: Bartolini BH2
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: None
- Material: Jatoba
- Radius: 37 in.
- Fret size: Medium stainless steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Zero fret
- Nut width: 2.1 in. (54mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash /mahogany
- Top wood: Poplar burl
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balance, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Mid-frequency switch
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: MR5
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Own this amazing bass.. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.