- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez SR500E Electric Bass
Surreal Black Dual Fade
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L44764 000002000 L44764000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider ...Click To Read More About This Product
Exotic woods, sleek looks and active electronics for the discerning bassist.
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
The thin, sturdy and stable Jatoba/Walnut neck offers superior playability when combined with the extended neck joint, making the upper frets easily accessible. This SR500E series are equipped with Bartolini BH2 pickups in a dual-coil style configuration with a lower resonant frequency, providing a balanced, warm response with a tighter bottom end and a fuller midrange.
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ features a 3-way mid-frequency switch, allowing for precise tonal control (250 Hz, 450 Hz, and 700 Hz) and an EQ bypass switch for passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
The B500 bridge has adjustable saddles for string spacing adjustments, answering every bassist’s individual string spacing demands, no matter what playing style. The saddles can be adjusted +/-1.5mm. The neck-end adjustment allows you to tweak the neck easily without loosening the strings. The SR Series continues to satisfy the vast needs of bass players, exciting them with the SR’s smooth and fast neck, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics.
Up your game with an active bass from Ibanez. Order today.
- Shape: Thin U
- Wood: Jatoba/Walnut
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: BH2 dual-coils
- Bridge: BH2 dual-coils
- Brand: Bartolini
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Jatoba
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Oval
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, blend, 3-band EQ
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Preamp on/off
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.