- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jackson CBX IV David Ellefson Signature Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L51550 000001000 L51550000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed in conjunction with one of the founding fathers of thrash metal—highly acclaimed bassist David Ellefson of Megadeth—the X Series Signature D...Click To Read More About This Product
Designed for highly technical playing and versatile sound.
Designed in conjunction with one of the founding fathers of thrash metal—highly acclaimed bassist David Ellefson of Megadeth—the X Series Signature David Ellefson Concert Bass CBX IV is a beast of a bass. Bearing his personal touches, packed with enormous Jackson sound and the hyper-fast playability required by the fleet-fingered bassist, this instrument is a force to be reckoned with.
Redesigned ergonomic contours provide the perfect platform for launching a musical assault—the upper contour provides a comfortably stable anchor for pick or fingerstyle playing alike while the lower contour provides perfect balance when propped on a knee for monitor stands. Built for highly technical lightspeed playing, the 12”-16” compound radius laurel fingerboard flattens out as you move up the neck for increased playing comfort and speedy articulation.
An earth-shaking pair of EMG HZ35 active humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions provide plenty of girth and cut as an active 3-band EQ bolsters their native power, shaping and refining it for maximum impact and versatility. The blend knob allows you to mix the pickups to your taste—add more of the neck pickup for a touch of warmth, or bring up the bridge pickup for more cut.
The Jackson HiMass 4-string bridge sharpens your notes’ attack for extra punch and clarity, granting enhanced sustain without significantly altering the bass’ fundamental tone. This bass proudly displays Jackson’s distinctive style; all-black hardware, including everything from the bridge to the Jackson die-cast sealed tuning machines, durable gloss finish, pearloid sharkfin neck inlays, single ply white neck binding and Jackson’s signature pointed 4-In-Line headstock along with a white "Radiation" logo and Ellefson’s signature embossed on the truss rod cover.
Only one instrument is hardcore enough to keep pace with Ellefson’s technically demanding requirements—the Jackson David Ellefson CBX IV —and now it can be yours. Case sold separately.
Step up with this signature bass from Jackson. Order today.
- Shape: Signature
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: HZ35N
- Bridge: HZ35B
- Brand: EMG
- Active preamp: Yes
- Material: Dark laurel
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut material: Plastic
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balance, 3-band EQ
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Jackson HiMass
- Tuning machines: Jackson sealed die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups, Artist signature model
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.