- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Markbass Gold Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L52993 000001000 L52993000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Markbass team put all their experience and market knowledge on this model design to concentrate into a single instrument all the most sought afte...Click To Read More About This Product
A beauty to behold and play.
The Markbass team put all their experience and market knowledge on this model design to concentrate into a single instrument all the most sought after features by a high percentage of bassists. It’s a real example of balance, simplicity and functionality, added to a nice design reminding something vintage, but still leaving total expression to any bass player.
Body: for this “P” style body Markbass had to chose selected alder, one of the most used wood for vintage style basses thanks to its balanced tone, fast attack, controlled sustain and light weight. Its particular grain enhances the amazing GOLD finish.
Neck: hard maple, Vintage Yellow Glossy finish with flat cut. The C profile and reduced nut width in a pure vintage style make playing really comfortable and its two ways truss rod on the headstock let ultra precise adjustments even with really low action settings.
Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 34" scale, 20 frets with vintage cream binding, bone nut and MOP block inlays.
Custom gold machine heads, F Style | 20:1 ratio, ultra light, precise and reliable.
Die cast gold bridge, lightweight, simple and functional in a perfect vintage style.
Single coil J style passive pickups custom designed on Markbass specs, perfectly matching Markbass electronic, 70’ style layout. Getting “J” style pickup and neck on a “P” style body is a dream for many players… a Golden dream became true.
The designers couldn’t choose better electronics than the Markbass for this instrument. VOLUME/ VOLUME/TONE controls a definitely the best to manage the J/J pick up configuration and the TONE control (working also in the passive mode) lets the player move from Jaco or Motown style tones to more modern and open sounds. BASS/MIDDLE/HIGH controls on the active EQ section add a modern character to this vintage flavored instrument, delivering a balanced and defined tone even using extreme settings.
Includes gig bag.
Mark your mark with the right bass. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Custom J '70s placement
- Bridge: Custom J '70s placement
- Brand: MarkBass
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Active
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 14 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Block
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone, 3-band EQ
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Die-cast vintage style
- Tuning machines: Custom gold F-style
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: Italy
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.