- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Michael Kelly MKB4SB Rick Turner Licensed 4-String Bass
- Write a Review
- J15266 000001000 J15266000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Often referred to as "The Father of Boutique Guitars", Rick Turner's contribution to musical instruments and pro sound may not be known to the genera...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A unique bass from a man who is known for his unique creations.
Often referred to as "The Father of Boutique Guitars", Rick Turner's contribution to musical instruments and pro sound may not be known to the general public, but his results have definitely been heard.
He started as an apprentice repairing guitars with occasional coffeehouse gigs in Boston, growing into an established folk guitarist in Greenwich Village. That success led to a trip out West where he began repairing instruments for the Grateful Dead. His ingenuity contributed to the formation of a company focused on maximizing the live sound and instruments of Grateful Dead shows.
After fine tuning 125,000 watts of power delivering impeccable sound to 450 drivers, his focus is redirected back to guitars where he found himself in the studio with Fleetwood Mac for the Rumours sessions. The iconic Model One guitar played by Lindsey Buckingham stemmed from those sessions and became the blueprint for Rick Turner guitars.
Turner's dedication and study of quality sound ultimately led to the creation of the D-TAR wavelength - an acoustic system utilizing a piezo pickup, a condenser mic, and an 18-volt preamp specifically designed to improve the quality of tone and performance of acoustic instruments in live situations.
Turner's incorporation of the D-TAR system into his handmade and licensed Renaissance guitars, including the MKB4SB 4-string bass is what makes these guitars unique and highly sought after.
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Neck Finish - Natural Satin
- Nut Material - Bone
- Fretboard Material - Rosewood
- Scale Length - 34"
- Body Shape - Turner Renaissance
- Top Material - Okoum
- Body Material - Okoum w/ Abalone Purfling
- Center Block Material - Mahogany
- Bridge - Rick Turner Design w/ 7 degree saddle tilt - Strings through body
- Electronics - USA made Seymour Duncan/Rick Turner D-TAR System
- Finish - High Gloss Sunburst
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.