- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MTD Kingston Z6 6-String Fretless Ebony Fingerboard Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L18606 000001000 L18606000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MTD Z Series of basses are some of the best-selling MTD Kingstons. The series was created for the discerning player that wants the great MTD soun...Click To Read More About This Product
MTD sound coupled with exceptional beauty.
The MTD Z Series of basses are some of the best-selling MTD Kingstons. The series was created for the discerning player that wants the great MTD sound coupled with exceptional beauty.
As with all the other MTD Kingston basses, it incorporates many of the superior design elements found on Mike Tobias’ revered MTD USA American series instruments. It also captures the look of a handmade, boutique-style bass. Carefully constructed using a high-quality Mahogany core and beautifully adorned with a Burled Maple top, the Z basses marry beauty with unparalleled performance.
The Kingston Z series basses have carved mahogany bodies, which have a rich voice and a darker overtone. The maple burl tops help to focus the low end and are incredibly attractive. The two MTD proprietary passive soapbar pickups are wood covered and subtlety reinforce the wood beauty of the maple burl body top. The headstock matches the beauty of the body and the elegantly designed asymmetrical neck ties it all together. Case sold separately.
- Shape: Asymmetrical C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 35 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Dependent on color
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: MTD soapbar
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: MTD soapbar
- Brand: MTD
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 16 in.
- Fret size: Fretless
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Side markers
- Nut material: Not specified
- Nut width: 2.125 in.
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Maple burl
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balance, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups, Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Get a 6-string that can do it all. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.